Established in 1998, Integrity Tree Service is a privately owned and operated company headquartered in Grandville, MI. By adhering to our shared values of SAFETY, QUALITY, INTEGRITY, INITIATIVE, PROFESSIONALISM, and RESPECT, Integrity Tree service has experienced tremendous growth and is currently servicing several states throughout the Mid-West.
We are currently looking for experienced Trimmers, Climbers, & Equipment Operators.
Introductory position, where one learns the basics of tree work, safety, equipment, working near transmission lines and assisting the Tree Trimmers.
Tree Trimmer C
Basic Trimmer position, where one learns a higher level of tree felling techniques, learns climbing, pruning, herbicide application, and mowing techniques along with introduction to advanced vegetation management. At this position, one gains a basic understanding of the tree work performed and the equipment used. This may also be a starting position to see what a new team member is capable of before being promoted to a Trimmer B.
Tree Trimmer B
Experienced Trimmer position, where one performs the duties of a Trimmer C as well as performs training with Groundsman and Trimmer C positions. Here one learns and teaches safe work practices as well as OSHA and ANSI regulations.
Tree Trimmer A
Advanced, Experienced Trimmer position, where one performs the duties of a Trimmer C as well as lead the daily production teams. They are expected to lead by example with how they perform tree work as well as represent our company to our clients, property owners and other team members. They are to understand and follow individual client expectations and government regulations. They are responsible for accurate documentation and record keeping. They are responsible for training the Trimmer B in the area of documentation and record keeping.
Equipment Operator position, where one performs the duties of a Trimmer C as well as operates equipment to clear vegetation from the utility right of way. Equipment Operators perform preventative maintenance on all equipment owned by the company and assist in diagnosing machine breakdowns. Equipment Operators are expected to lead work crews and meet deadlines for production or follow the direction of the Trimmer A
Please list in your application if you have experience with the following equipment: Key Equipment Used• Timbco tracked feller buncher • Jarraff and Kershaw wheeled and tracked side trimmers • Track Mowers • Brontosaurus Mower • Track Chippers • Long Reach Excavator with grapple • Grapple Log Skidders • Marsh Master Basic
• Trim and/or remove trees by climbing with aid of arborist climbing gear and aerial trucks, work from the ground using gasoline, and hand powered saws, pruners, and equipment, cutting branches or trunk sections and dropping or lowering them to the ground with lines
• Spray stumps and brush with equipment to prevent further growth
• Load and unload trucks with equipment, materials, logs, stumps, brush, and debris and/or feed brush into a chipper
• Assume responsibility for the inspection and proper working condition of tools and other equipment and requests repair or replacement when necessary
• Work around forestry equipment, in close proximity of energized power lines, in all temperatures and weather, exposed to nature (i.e., irritating plants, biting and stinging insects, dust, etc.), at varying heights above ground while secured, and on uneven terrain
• Perform other duties as assigned Qualifications• Must be able to safely drive an approved company vehicle
• Must be able to work at various heights and on uneven and slippery surfaces performing mentally/physically demanding work under unfavorable weather conditions while handling
- Relays hand-signals, directs traffic, drives and operates trucks and equipment as assigned, keeps trucks and work area clear and orderly, and helps train new employees
- Safeguards employees and public from hazards in and around work area, which includes setting up barriers, warning signs, flags, markers, etc., to protect employees and public
- Assumes responsibility for the inspection and proper working condition of tools and other equipment and requests repair or replacement when necessary
- Maintains good housekeeping on trucks and at work locations
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Must be able to safely drive an approved company vehicle
- Must be able to read, write, and comprehend written and verbal job instructions/information
- Must be able to work at various heights and on uneven and slippery surfaces performing mentally/physically demanding work under unfavorable weather conditions while handling equipment or material
- Must be able to lift, move, and maneuver up to 30-50 pounds on frequent basis and heavy weights up to 75-100 pounds on an infrequent basis
- Must be able to be out of town four to five days a week
- Medical Benefits (Employer pays 100% of premiums!)
- Employee purchased dental and vision available
- Paid Holidays, Sick Leave, & Vacation
- Retirement Savings Plan (100% match up to 3% after one year of employment)
- Profit Sharing Bonus
- Drug/Alcohol, Profanity, Tobacco, and Gossip Free Work Environment
- Company shirts and jackets provided.
- Direct Deposit
- Fun Company Events
- Per Diem (if travelling out of town overnight)
- Short Term Disability (Employer pays 100% of premiums)
About this company
Integrity Tree Services
Our mission is to be the leading tree service providing expert guidance and superior quality workmanship that demonstrates the highest integrity in exceeding customer expectations.
Integrity Tree Services is founded on these six shared values:
SAFETY—Keeping the safety of yourself and others in mind.
QUALITY—Exceeding customers' expectations.
INTEGRITY—Consistent and honest behavior, no matter who's watching.
INITIATIVE—Taking pride in always going the extra mile.
PROFESSIONALISM—Personal appearance and behavior must always support ITS's mission and values.
RESPECT—To hold others in high regard.
We train and monitor our employees to keep the safety of themselves and their coworkers, to always exceed the customers' expectations, to have a positive working attitude and relationship with their coworkers, to take pride in always going the extra mile for our customers, and to keep a professional appearance at all times on the jobsite and in the workplace.
Join Our Crew
To join the Crew of Integrity, click here to fill out our online application. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
The ISA Certification Credentials: The Right Certification for the Right Job
The International Society of Arboriculture has been working hard with their members to raise the standards of professional tree care. The decision to choose the right arborist is very important. Trees are a lifelong investment and you want to protect that investment. The decision was once a simple one. Choose an ISA Certified Arborist!
Now, the ISA has been listening to their credential holders and have responded by developing a career path in arboriculture through their certification programs. Not only does this benefit the professional, it will benefit you when hiring professional tree care.
The ISA Certification credential can be viewed as a pyramid with the largest group in the base. These credentials were developed based on the knowledge required to obtain each one.
Why Hire an Arborist?
An arborist is a specialist in the care of individual trees. Arborists are knowledgeable about the needs of trees and are trained and equipped to provide proper care. Hiring an arborist is a decision that should not be taken lightly. Proper tree care is an investment that can lead to substantial returns. Well-cared-for trees are attractive and can add considerable value to your property. Poorly maintained trees can be a significant liability. Pruning or removing trees, especially large trees, can be dangerous work. Tree work should be done only by those trained and equipped to work safely in trees.