Job Description Food Services Coordinator
Acelero Learning is a pioneering provider of early childhood education and family engagement services through our three business units, all focused on closing the achievement gap for thousands of Head Start children and families across the country. With over $50 million in revenue and unparalleled child outcome data, we are both one of the largest and one of the most innovative companies in our space.
Acelero Learning has two divisions. Acelero Learning is a direct provider Head Start services in four states (New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Nevada and Wisconsin). Shine Early Learning partners with local organizations to support the delivery of high quality services through Shine Assist and Shine Implement programs.
The Food Services Coordinator
is responsible for the ordering, preparing, serving and documentation of meals and snacks for this Head Start program. It includes following menus and all phases of kitchen operations including inventory control. The position contributes to the smooth operations and functioning of the kitchen in adherence to health and food safety codes and the strict cleanliness of the kitchen and food service and storage areas. This position oversees meal services at the various centers. The position may prepare foods for infants and toddlers and/or preschool children following the CACFP standards.
The Food Services Coordinator will be responsible for the following; FOOD SERVICE MANAGEMENT HEALTH AND SANITATION RECORDKEEPING SUPERVISION AND TRAINING Required Knowledge and Abilities: Must have a thorough knowledge and understanding of the following:
Must have the ability to:
- Food preparation and storage techniques
- USDA/CACFP program requirements and Head Start Performance Standards related to food and nutrition
- Local, state and federal regulations pertaining to sanitation and food service
- Regulations associated with prevention of occupational disease and injury, including the exercise of universal precautions and the prevention of contamination
- Basic supervision
- Organize and direct all kitchen activities
- Prepare healthy and attractive meals and snacks and to maintain the kitchen, storage and food service areas in a safe and healthy condition
- Take direction and prepare meals according to menus and guidance provided and in cooperation with registered dietitian/nutritionist who approves menus
- Be flexible in food preparation and other food related activities
- Work sensitively with staff, children and parents
- Organize time efficiently and follow through on tasks with limited supervision
- Maintain confidentiality about any information regarding families and staff
- Work with registered dietitian/nutritionist for menu approval and periodic adaptations
- Passion for the mission, values, and work of Acelero Learning, making a difference in the lives of society’s most vulnerable and underserved members
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree in Food & Beverage Management or related field plus at least 3-5 years of food services
- Previous Head Start experience preferred
- Must be willing and able to obtain and maintain Basic First Aid and CPR Certification
- Some heavy lifting of case food lots is required; may be required to lift up to 50 pounds
- Reliable transportation and/or state-mandated minimum insurance coverage(s) on your vehicle
The mission of Acelero Learning is to bring a relentless focus on positive child and family outcomes to close the achievement gap and build a better future for children, families, and communities served by the Head Start program. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and healthy work place.
About this company
Acelero Learning's mission is to bring a relentless focus on positive family and child outcomes to close the achievement gap and build a better future for children, families, and communities served by the Head Start program. Acelero Learning is a pioneering provider of early childhood education and family engagement services, all of which are focused on closing the Achievement Gap for thousands of Head Start children and families across the country. With over $50 million in revenue and unparalleled child outcomes, we are both one of the largest and most innovative companies in our space.