Senior Automation Engineer-17000RNM
Senior Automation Engineer
Oracle Cloud for Industry is building a self-service cloud platform supporting SaaS offerings across Oracle’s global business units (GBUs). Our success is measured by leveraging automation to increase operational efficiency, reliability and consistency while providing an agile environment that enables product teams to rapidly evolve, scale and differentiate their SaaS offerings. You will be part of the Health Sciences DevOps team designing and implementing cloud automation for the management of Health Sciences products including capabilities to support provisioning, lifecycle management, and disaster recovery. In your role you provide technical leadership on existing and evolving automation tools and patterns. You will be part of a team focused on collaboration, and identifying new opportunities to leverage technology to solve cloud automation challenges.Responsibilities: We are seeking a DevOps technical leader who has been integrally involved in all aspects of cloud automation across the development and support lifecycle. You have practical hands-on experience in automating cloud solutions as well as providing technical leadership of DevOps implementations. You have hands on experience with our current Cloud Automation technologies and are knowledgeable about containerization. In this role you will work closely with product development engineers, cloud infrastructure and application management services to deliver automation solutions for Oracle’s Health Sciences business unit ensuring that the cloud services can operate at scale. At times you may need to solve problems using a combination of manual and automated approaches. Qualifications Basic Qualifications
- Experience leading the design, automation and production support of cloud distributed systems and cloud services
- Have a comprehensive understanding of the nature of the cloud, its scale and the imperative to automate all aspects of the deployment and support lifecycle
- Ability to partner with both technical and non-technical resources to define and implement automation solutions
- Professional software development and\or system administration experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- In addition to strong Chef \ Chef Server experience also familiar with other scripting languages e.g. CMD, Ruby, Python, VBS
- Solid understanding of UNIX/Linux/Windows operating systems
- Knowledge of relational database engines
- Experience with automated deployments and source code / configuration management tools - GitHub, Chef Server, Hudson, etc.
- Experience with some kind of system monitoring tools on Linux and Windows
- Experience documenting technical requirements as well as creating Installation Qualifications outlining steps to deploy automation solution
- Experience working in a large enterprise IT organization implementing complex solutions, preferably cloud services
- Knowledge of Health Sciences clinical trial and data management solutions
- Working understanding of Agile / Scrum principles, but experience is not required
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Analyze, design develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for commercial or end user applications. Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will analyze and integrate external customer specifications. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture. Build new products and development tools. Build and execute unit tests and unit test plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering to discuss major changes to functionality.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job:Information TechnologyTravel:NoLocation:United StatesJob Type:Regular Employee HireOrganization:Oracle
Internal ID: 17000RNM
About this company
With more than 420,000 customers and deployments in more than 145 countries, Oracle offers a comprehensive and fully integrated stack of cloud applications, platform services, and engineered systems. Learn more about Oracle and who we are