DiSabatino Construction Company, an equal opportunity employer, is looking for an HVAC mechanic technician.
Successful candidates will be able to install, service, and repair heating and air conditioning systems in residences and commercial establishments. Some specific tasks and duties:
- Installs, connects, and adjusts thermostats, humidistats, and timers, using hand tools.
- Repairs or replaces defective equipment, components, or wiring.
- Joins pipes or tubing to equipment and to fuel, water, or refrigerant source, to form complete circuit.
- Fabricates, assembles, and installs duct work and chassis parts, using portable metal-working tools and welding equipment.
- Tests electrical circuits and components for continuity, using electrical test equipment.
- Disassembles system and cleans and oils parts.
- Assembles, positions, and mounts heating or cooling equipment, following blueprints.
- Tests pipe or tubing joints and connections for leaks, using pressure gauge or soap-and-water solution.
- Installs auxiliary components to heating-cooling equipment, such as expansion and discharge valves, air ducts, pipes, blowers, dampers, flues and stokers, following blueprints.
- Adjusts system controls to setting recommended by manufacturer to balance system, using hand tools.
- Inspects and tests system to verify system compliance with plans and specifications and to detect malfunctions.
- Discusses heating-cooling system malfunctions with users to isolate problems or to verify malfunctions have been corrected.
- Inspects inoperative equipment to locate source of trouble.
- Studies blueprints to determine configuration of heating or cooling equipment components.
- Wraps pipes in insulation and secures it in place with cement or wire bands.
- Lays out and connects electrical wiring between controls and equipment according to wiring diagram, using electrician's hand tools.
- Reassembles equipment and starts unit to test operation.
- Measures, cuts, threads, and bends pipe or tubing, using pipefitter's tools.
- Cuts and drills holes in floors, walls, and roof to install equipment, using power saws and drills.
STRENGTH: Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
- Customer Service
- Personal Development
- Business Focus
- Interpersonal Relationships
- 2 + Years of experience as a HVAC mechanic preferably in a commercial setting.
- NCCER Certification or equivalent experience.
- EPA 608 Certifications.
Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check. Paid Health insurance, 401K, Vacation & Holidays.
Please email resumes with availability and salary requirements.