- Conduct painting assignment under the direction of a team leader or Sr. Finishing Specialist.
- Works independently from blueprints and process sheets to develop painting processes, applications and techniques where tolerances are measured in terms of thickness and are difficult to meet. Often works with engineering personnel to determine and calculate experimental procedures.
- Determines the type of finish, quantity and color to be utilized in conformance with military specifications. Selects proper method, equipment and tools to complete task.
- Ensures proper surface masking and preparation, mixing epoxies and solvents to appropriate ratios by weight, volume or viscosity, incorporating knowledge of scales and weights and how substances interact.
- Mixes and applies a wide variety of paint finishes such as polyurethane, epoxy, and plastic-based products to specific colors, consistencies and viscosities requiring a thorough knowledge and understanding of their qualities in order to experiment with and achieve desired effect.
- Tests drying, curing and baking times for unusual finishes. Adjusts temperatures according to atmospheric conditions, finish requirements and experimental bake times.
- Regulates spray gun and ventilates spray booth according to temperature and humidity requirements.
- Calculates requirements if methods are being tested.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Ability to lift up to 40lbs.
- Ability to perform performing repetitive, detailed work.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Certificate Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Painter/Finishing Specialist.
- In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must be eligible to obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires USA Citizenship
- Preferred 3-5 years’ experience
- Experience in the Aerospace, Auto or Marine Manufacturing industry preferred; preferences given to those with experience in painting of antenna products, chassis, radomes or manufactured piece parts
- Experienced in the use of hand tools and painting equipment
- Experience discerning color shades
- Experience reading and interpreting drawings and specifications
- Experience performing finish coat painting in accordance with special specifications on work where high-grade finish is essential
- Experience maintaining paint and painting equipment according to instructions and procedures
- Experience with a PC windows environment
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.