ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICE OF THE COURTS
(This position is exempt from the State of Delaware Merit Rules)
(Senior Application Support Specialist)
Opening Date: August 30, 2017 Closing Date: until filled
Salary: $47,892 - $59,865 per year (Minimum – Midpoint) Pay Grade 16*
Recruiting For: Administrative Office of the Courts, Judicial Information Center
Location: New Castle County (Please check this location on your application)
*Salary applicable for this position is based upon the qualifications of the individual applicant.
Summary Statement: This is an exempt position and works under the general supervision of the Business Solutions Manager. The employee will provide business and technology guidance and facilitate requirements gathering sessions, workshops, meetings, and interviews with the Courts. This employee will be responsible for creating and maintaining detailed project documentation (i.e., business and functional requirements). The employee will serve as a liaison and point of contact between the Courts and the Judicial Information Center (JIC). The employee will be responsible for supporting and contributing to Systems Integration Testing, as well as evaluating current system and business processes and initiating recommendations for improvements in applications, procedures, and processes.
Minimum Qualifications: Please address each item separately on the Minimum Qualifications page of the application. Failure to do so will result in disqualification. Applicants must meet each of the following qualifications. Failure in any one area will result in a rating of “not qualified.” Resumes may not be substituted for the application.
- At least two years as a Business Analyst or Project Lead with strong business analysis and/or project management skills.
- Strong analytical ability with experience in performing detailed analysis of system processes and requirements.
- Strong facilitation skills to facilitate interviews, meetings, and workshops.
- Proven ability in developing and documenting requirements, functional designs, and other SDLC documentation.
- Proven ability in consulting and collaborating with functional and technical resources.
- Experience in implementing process improvement initiatives.
- Experience in Systems Integration Testing
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
Preferential Requirements (desired but not required):
- Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Information Systems preferred; equivalent work experience considered.
- Working knowledge of data modeling tools.
- Knowledge of Court systems.
- Six Sigma Greenbelt or Blackbelt certification
- Proficiency with Visio and MS Project
Conditions of Employment:
- A satisfactory criminal background check is required as a condition of employment.
- Direct deposit of paychecks is required as a condition of employment.
Benefits: To learn more about the comprehensive benefit package please visit the website at http://ben.omb.delaware.gov/.
Submitting Your Application: Visit the website at http://courts.delaware.gov/career/ and click on “apply” next to the job posting. Then print, or complete and print, the Judicial Branch Non-Merit Employment Application in either Microsoft© Word or PDF format. Applications should be submitted by any one of the formats listed below prior to the closing date stated on this announcement.
- Send your application as an e-mail attachment with the words “Application Form” in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred method)
- Fax your application to: (302) 255-2482, Attention: Human Resources
- Mail your application to:
Administrative Office of the Courts
The Renaissance Centre
405 N. King Street, Suite 507
Wilmington, DE 19801
Attachments to Applications:
- Please do not submit copies of evaluations, letters of reference, training certificates, or college transcripts unless requested.
- If supplemental information is requested by the posting, be sure to include it when you submit your application prior to the closing date.
- Applications or additional information will not be accepted after the closing date.
- Resumes will not be accepted unless accompanied by the application.
- Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458.
- TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance.
The Delaware Judiciary
An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer