U.S. Vision is the seventh largest retail optical chain in the United States. We have been engaged in the retail optical business since 1967. We are the second largest independent operator of optical stores in host retailers in terms of store count and the first in terms of the number of brands. We are located in 47 states and across Canada. We operate a state-of-the-art manufacturing laboratory in Glendora, NJ. Our licensed departments are full-service retail vision care stores that offer an extensive selection of designer brands and private label prescription eyewear, contact lenses, sunglasses, ready-made readers and accessories.
The Store Planner / Designer position at U.S. Vision is responsible for developing the AutoCAD floor plan drawings throughout the planning process for new, relocating, remodel and prototype store projects. This position works with other team members, field associates, construction teams, architects, and other in-house clients to achieve a final /merchandise floor plan.
Reporting to our Store Planning and Design Manager, the Store Planner / Designer will be responsible for:
- Works with architects, contractors and field representatives to accurately develop floor plans in CAD for new stores, relocations, remodels and prototype projects.
- Understands and translates business design strategy to a merchandise plan considering space allocations, merchandise adjacencies and fixture requirements; including business direction.
- Use skills to ensure that all projects start on time and are turned over to the store operations team for a clean and timely opening in accordance with the Active Project Schedule.
- Ability to develop and maintain company strategies with Retail Brand Management * Employs a thorough understanding of AutoCAD software; including excel, word, adobe, Sketch-Up and power point.
- Develops and maintains typical plans based on input from Planning, Operating, Merchandising and Visual departments.
- Exercises time management skills to complete projects based on the project timeline. Maintains a weekly schedule of workload/projects; including anticipating timelines to complete projects presented.
- Communicates with supervisor, field management and other internal/external customers regarding the development of the plans.
- Reads and interprets scope documents, architectural blueprints and category business plans at all stages of development.
- Generates finished designs from sketches, diagrams.
- Maintains both electronic and hard copy files of drawings and related documents.
- Assist in developing new prototype projects; including criteria.
- Ability to construct finish boards for presentations and internal use.
- Assist in Fixture design and development.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment and communicate thoroughly with all stakeholders for each project.
- Updates/continues to keep up with industry standards and applying to department as needed
- Continue to build a great network of qualified and competitive vendors, contractors and