This position is for a Program Finance Manager, working within the Finance Organization of Cobham Integrated Electronic Solutions – Lansdale Business Unit. The chosen candidate will be responsible for business management support in Lansdale, Pennsylvania. The candidate will work independently under the general direction of Finance Director. This position will be supporting both our manufacturing and product line stakeholders, and will the key point person between Program Finance and Site Finance.The specific job functions include conducting Earned Value analysis, analysis of actual costs and variances to plan, development of EAC’s, ETC’s and establishing/managing the cost baseline. Candidate will develop and present reports in support of the monthly financial reporting tempo, and complete month-end closing activities including analysis and issue resolution.
- Prepare Program and Functional financial forecasts utilizing detailed analysis of all available budgets and cost data, monitor actual costs, and explain variances to plans and forecasts.
- Support the creation of Estimates At Completion (EAC’s) and Estimates To Completion (ETC’s) as required including costs, and risks and opportunities at the Program level.
- Support the preparation of cost estimates for new business proposals and assist Estimating and Program Analysts in developing rationale for basis of estimates.
- Support Manufacturing and Program activities in the business management role including being a key participant in all organizational decisions and leading monthly management reviews with Program Business Office counterparts
- Provide ROI (Return on Investment) analysis, financial planning models and process/ affordability improvement projects.
- Maintain reports and systems as necessary to provide managerial visibility for purposes of cost and schedule control on all active programs for the site operation.
- Evaluate financial risks of program business decisions, and appraise Program, Site and BU management as appropriate.
- Administer program reviews on a cadence established by Site and BU leadership.
- Provide timely and accurate forecasts and analysis to influence the management of programs, gross profit, cash, inventory, and receivables. Generate analyses of variances to budget and forecasts.
- Ensure accounting for all program cost is in accordance with CAS, GAAP, and Corporate Policy.
- Support the preparation of presentations for Site Management, Business Unit Management, and Sector reviews.
- Interface with internal customers as necessary to answer questions and provide backup and follow up as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business or Economics, or equivalent experience.
- Education and experience consistent with job responsibilities, strong analytical skills, finance/accounting acumen
- 8-10 years in a Finance environment
- 5 years of Program Finance experience, with 2 years in a leadership position
- In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must be eligible to obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires USA Citizenship
- Knowledge and understanding of Earned Value Management System concepts and applications
- Familiarity with Cobra and Oracle
- Possesses strong financial and analytical ability with a diverse financial background, with specific experience in Program finance/accounting
- Experience in manufacturing or services in a defense industry environment
- Exposure to Program Management and automated project control systems
- Must be motivated, flexible and able to work with minimal oversight
- Proficient in synthesizing, presenting and communicating large volumes of financial information
- Ability to effectively communicate with Executive Management
- Familiarity with IFRS-15
- Ability to work with and knowledge of general defense contracting principles