Under direction from the Alteration Manager, the Alteration associate is responsible for producing high quality altered merchandise within established time frame standards while providing customer service, establishing and helping to maintain customer relationships and working effectively with other team members within the store.
- Model all Saks Fifth Avenue Customer Service Principles.
- Focus on achieving and exceeding individual performance and productivity goals.
- Maintain a consistent high level of customer service by creating and developing excellent customer relationships.
- Follow all Saks Fifth Avenue policies and procedures.
- Follow all alteration workroom policies and procedures.
- Ability to utilize expertise to make alterations decisions during customer fittings.
- Focus on all efforts on providing an exceptional customer experience.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Support company/store and department initiatives.
- Minimum 3 years seamstress/tailoring experience in high-end merchandise
- Ability to sew a wide range of garments and fit both male and female clients.
- Possession of strong technical background in specialty skills such as: leather,knits,double face,beading,fine tailoring,buttonholes etc is desired and a benefit.
- Pressing and spotting skills.
- Knowledge of Alterations industry including fabrication and styling of luxury merchandise.
- Demonstrate sound business judgment and organizational ability.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, team oriented environment that requires a degree of multi-tasking with limited supervision.
- Is open to learning and developing new skills and processes.
- High school graduate or equivalent preferred.