Join the Highest Paid Company supporting Direct Care Staff!! Willing to work 50 hrs/wk – Earn up to $572/wk with Bonus!
OVERTIME AVAILABLE, Full-time, Part-time, & Weekend Only Positions available.
*Perks* MONTHLY BONUS
3RD SHIFT AVAILABLE
Developmental Service Alternatives is a locally owned and operated company that has been around for 30 years. DSA is an agency committed to the mission of providing quality life experiences to individuals with intellectual and/or development disabilities.
We are currently seeking an entry-level Direct Support Professional. This position reports directly to our Residential Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitates consumer in daily living activities on an assigned shift.
- Administers medications and treatments according to company policy.
- Attends and successfully completes in-service training sessions as scheduled.
- Serves as a role model and mentor to fellow Direct Support Professionals.
- Completes data collection, observation notes and daily reports as directed by agency policy and procedure.
- Assists consumers in transportation as needed.
- Responsible for transporting consumers in company van.
- Participates as a member of the Individual Support Team giving input.
Monitors consumers’ activities to ensure that safety and health care practices are observed.
- Participates in and may be responsible for the daily operation of the home in one or more of the following areas: grocery shopping, overseeing consumers’ money, monitoring of the physical plant and van maintenance, or monitoring of the house medications.
- Performs related duties as required or assigned to fulfill the agency philosophy and the goals and objectives of the program site.
- Treats consumers with dignity and respect.
- Promotes independence, choice and empowerment of consumers.
Benefits : Medical, Dental, and Vision, Paid Time Off, Flexibility, Paid Training
Perks : MONTHLY BONUSES, CPR certification
- High school education or equivalent is preferred
- Customer service-oriented
- Prior experience in supporting/assisting those with disabilities is preferred
- Possess a valid Indiana driver’s license and a good driving record
- Ability to communicate effectively
DSA “Everything Counts” – Equal Opportunity Employer