Join the Highest Paid Company supporting Direct Care Staff!! Enjoy a rewarding job and get paid for being you! Looking for 3rd Shift!!
*Perks* $200-250 MONTHLY BONUSES (included in the $11/hr)
Developmental Service Alternatives is a locally owned and operated company that has been around for 30 years. DSA is an agency committed to the mission of providing quality life experiences to individuals with intellectual and/or development disabilities.
We are currently seeking an entry level Direct Support Professional. This position reports directly to our Residential Director.
Other Qualifications : Upon offer, you must be able to successfully pass a criminal and/or drug screen.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Facilitates consumer in daily living activities on an assigned shift.
· Provides direct support to and assists consumers in the following areas: training activities, mobility as needed, bedroom maintenance, housekeeping skills, social skills, dining skills, personal hygiene, and community access.
· Administers medications and treatments according to company policy.
· Attends and successfully completes in-service training sessions as scheduled.
· Serves as a role model and mentor to fellow Direct Support Professionals.
· Completes data collection, observation notes and daily reports as directed by agency policy and procedure.
· Assists consumers in transportation as needed.
· Responsible for transporting consumers in company van.
· Participates as a member of the Individual Support Team giving input.Monitors consumers’ activities to ensure that safety and health care practices are observed.
· Participates in and may be responsible for the daily operation of the home in one or more of the following areas: grocery shopping, overseeing consumers’ money, monitoring of the physical plant and van maintenance, or monitoring of the house medications.
· Performs related duties as required or assigned to fulfill the agency philosophy and the goals and objectives of the program site.
· Treats consumers with dignity and respect.
· Promotes independence, choice and empowerment of consumers.
*Benefits* : Medical, Dental, and Vision, Paid Time Off, Flexibility, Paid Training, No Weekends
· High school education or equivalent is preferred
· Customer service-oriented
· Prior experience in supporting/assisting those with disabilities is preferred
· Possess a valid Indiana driver’s license and a good driving record
· Ability to communicate effectively
DSA “Everything Counts” – Equal Opportunity Employer