Job Description Family Advocate (Bilingual)
Acelero Learning is a pioneering provider of early childhood education and family engagement services through our three business units, all focused on closing the achievement gap for thousands of Head Start children and families across the country. With over $50 million in revenue and unparalleled child outcome data, we are both one of the largest and one of the most innovative companies in our space.
Acelero Learning has two divisions:
Acelero Learning is a direct provider Head Start services in four states (New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Nevada and Wisconsin).
Shine Early Learning partners with local organizations to support the delivery of high quality services through Shine Assist and Shine Implement programs.
The Family Advocate (FA)
will work as a member of a team whose primary role is to engage all families to partner with us to promote children’s healthy development and school readiness. The Family Advocate uses knowledge of the principles of family engagement to support families in their roles as their child’s primary educator, encourage parent/child interactions that promote children’s school readiness and healthy development, and enhance family well-being. In this role, the Family Advocate will provide more intensive and targeted support to vulnerable families and families of children with chronic health conditions and special needs in order to assure that our engagement strategies meet their specialized needs.
The Family Advocate will work as part of the program’s broader team to expand family engagement strategies that will create a sense of belonging and shared community among families, with the goal of enhancing the relationships and support that families provide to one another in their shared aspirations for their children and themselves. The position may involve reassignment of caseload and/or center location as deemed necessary for program operations.
The Family Advocate’s responsibilities primarily fall within the following core functions, although s/he may perform other tasks based upon program needs:
- Promote Family Environments that Enhance Children’s Development
- Support Families to Meet Self-Identified Goals and Needs
- Engage Families To Support One Another
- Enhance Program Collaboration
- Maintain Accurate and Timely Record Keeping and Reporting
- AA or BA Degree in Social Work, Human Services, Family Services, Counseling or a related field preferred, OR AA or BA in another field with a commitment to complete Family Services/Certificate/ Credential of hire. We will also consider candidates with a High School Diploma with 3 years experience working in the community with families AND a completed Family Development Certificate or Credential.
- A passion for achieving positive child and family outcomes through high quality family engagement
- Experience, training, and skill assisting the parents of young children to advocate for their families
- Ability to effectively community verbally and in writing
- Experience working in low income diverse communities preferred
- Bilingual Spanish-English
- Pass physical examination, background check, and fingerprinting screen
- Advanced computer literacy in email, word processing and internet navigation
This position is full time, year round and the salary is $15.47/hr.We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and healthy work place.
About this company
Acelero Learning's mission is to bring a relentless focus on positive family and child outcomes to close the achievement gap and build a better future for children, families, and communities served by the Head Start program. Acelero Learning is a pioneering provider of early childhood education and family engagement services, all of which are focused on closing the Achievement Gap for thousands of Head Start children and families across the country. With over $50 million in revenue and unparalleled child outcomes, we are both one of the largest and most innovative companies in our space.