WILL TRAIN-$18/hr-no benefits
- Must possess commercial Driver’s License Class B with P & S Endorsements.
- Must exhibit ability to control students in type of environment.
- Must possess disposition appropriate for dealing with students.
- Successful screening through the district’s personnel employment process.
- Must be 21 years and have a minimum of three years driving experience.
REPORTS TO: Transportation Supervisor
JOB GOAL: To provide safe and efficient transportation so that students may enjoy the fullest possible advantage from the district’s curriculum and extracurricular programs.
- Obey all traffic laws.
- Observe all mandatory safety regulations for school buses.
- Maintain discipline when students are on the bus.
- Report undisciplined students to the proper authority.
- Keep assigned bus clean.
- Keep to assigned schedule.
- Check bus before each operation for mechanical defects.
- Notify the proper authority in case of mechanically defects.
- Discharge students only at authorized stops.
- Exercise responsible leadership when on out-of-district school trips.
- Transport only authorized students.
- Report all accidents and complete required reports.
- Enforce regulations against smoking and eating on the bus.
- Other tasks as may from time to time be assigned by the Transportation Supervisor.
- Conduct emergency exit drills.
COMPENSATION: As negotiated with the GTSPA
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 10 Months
VACATION: There is no vacation time allotted to this position.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on Evaluation of Personnel.