Janssen Research & Development LLC, a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for an Associate Scientist I located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in neuroscience, oncology, immunology, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are looking for a highly-motivated Associate Scientist I to purify proteins for the discovery and optimization of biomolecules in a matrix environment involving different therapeutic areas. The primary responsibilities include the purification and characterization of lead monoclonal antibodies, bispecific antibodies and other multi-specific therapeutic candidates. You will utilize your knowledge and hands-on experience in protein purification including affinity and other chromatography methods, HPLC as well as biochemical analytical techniques. You will collaborate with other scientists in a dynamic research environment.
• Perform hands-on lab research for purification and characterization of monoclonal antibodies or other proteins expressed from a variety of sources
• Design, execute and interpret experiments with manager’s approval
• Maintain accurate laboratory notebooks and prepare technical reports, summaries, protocols, etc.
• Keep familiarity with relevant scientific literature
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
• Minimum of a B.S. in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biology or related areas in Life Sciences with at least 2 years of laboratory experience OR an M.S. with 0-2 years of related laboratory experience is required
• Protein purification experience is required, preferably in both antibodies and antigens
• Experience with AKTA purification systems, HPLC and Automation are preferred
• Ability to work in a team based environment with excellent interpersonal skills is required
• Ability to work independently and meet daring metric-driven timelines is required
• Good organization skills and the ability to collaborate within multidisciplinary teams, understand scientific principles and ability to grasp new technologies is required
• Ability to work in Spring House, PA is required
Primary LocationNorth America-United States-Pennsylvania-Spring HouseOrganizationJanssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)Job FunctionR&D
Internal ID: 9592170901