Responsible for maintaining all the building systems on a day-to-day basis through preventative and requested work orders. Requires proficient knowledge of building systems, electricity, equipment repair, building design and general building maintenance. Requires basic knowledge of structural systems, control systems, code issues, and involves the ability to recognize problematic mechanical devices. Works under the direction of the Property Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs Property Inspections Daily
- Performs Service Requests and other duties as assigned
- Perform scheduled In-House Preventative Maintenance inspections and routines as assigned
- Escorts contractor when performing inspections or repairs as assigned
- Responds to service work orders and resolves problems in a timely, safe and professional manner
- Replaces light bulbs and ballasts, and troubleshoots or repairs light fixtures
- Supports Lead Building Technician with repairs to plumbing systems, electrical, mechanical and HVAC at a professional level. Advises Lead Building Technician if equipment is not running at peak efficiency.
- Communicates well with fellow staff, tenants and vendors
- Required to be on the “On-Call” rotation schedule and be able to respond to on-call requests within one hour (see Maintenance Procedures – Section 5)
- May need to respond to emergency situations that arise during the day, such as leaks, power outages, etc.
- When needed, willing to work earlier and later than normal schedule and possibly on weekends
- If there has been accumulation of more than an inch of snow or ice in the last 24 hours, then an employee must arrive at 6:00 a.m. the next business day to check assigned properties
- For serious snow of 6 inches + or ice events, must be willing to stay overnight in hotel close to properties
- If there is a snow event or ice event during the work day the on-call technician must be willing to stay until 5:00 p.m. to make sure all the properties are safe and cleared for tenants to safely leave work
- Furnishes professional-grade mechanical tools as required by REI Real Estate Services
- Requires the ability to bend, reach, lift, carry large items
- Must be able to work standing up all or most of the time
- Must be able to talk, hear, climb, stoop, kneel, crawl, handle or feel objects tools or controls
- Must be able to work on ladders and roof tops
- Possible exposure to vibration & noise.
- Requires working outdoors at times.
- Hazards include moving mechanical parts, electrical current, and exposure to chemicals, atmospheric conditions (fumes, odors, dust, mists, and gases). May need to wear a respirator on specific occasions.
- Requires use of personal vehicle to travel between properties; reimbursement will be provided.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- 2+ years’ experience in commercial building maintenance or construction field is required
- Requires individual to be both punctual and to have a good attendance record.
- Must have basic working knowledge of smart phones, email, computers.
- Ability to perform all the physical and cognitive tasks required to fulfill duties.
- Requires a valid driver’s license.