Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC, is recruiting for a Director, Actuarial Science and Analytics, Real World Evidence (RWE) Design and Analytics to be located in Titusville, NJ.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC, is committed to transforming patient and population health through scientific evidence across the Janssen pharmaceutical companies.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Primary responsibilities of the Director, Actuarial Science and Analytics, RWE Design and Analytics include establishing and maintaining a leadership role within the RWE Design and Analytics Group and collaborating with fellow researchers on the design, analytics, interpretation, and communication of results of RWE analytics in support of Janssen products, solutions, and/or disease areas of focus.
• This individual will provide technical leadership to colleagues and senior leaders across the organization in evidence generation and communication roles promoting novel and innovative analytic techniques, and ensuring productive working relationships within a matrix environment.
• This individual will closely collaborate with leaders from Commercial Excellence, Strategic Customer Group, Real World Evidence, Health Economics and Outcomes Research, and others.
• This individual will also take a leadership role in process improvement, training, standards development for performing rigorous patent level observational data analytics for business strategies such as value based contracting and customer specific initiatives.
• This individual will understand a wide variety of perspectives with the health care delivery system from patient to provider to private and public insurance payers and will translate patient level analytics results in a meaningful way to internal stakeholders.
• She or he will be responsible for analyzing and mitigating potential risks and greatly impacting business strategy and business revenues through novel insights based on patient level analytics approaches.
• The successful candidate must be constantly eager to expand their analytical and communications expertise with a focus on patient level observational data analytics and to effectively manage handling numerous projects simultaneously.
• This individual will have people leadership responsibility in the RWE Design and Analytics Group.
• Mentorship of and partnership with cross function colleagues is expected.
Design, analyze, and report on patient level data analytics performed internally by the RWE Design and Analytics Group and handling and coordinating numerous projects simultaneously.
• Perform urgent analyses that are needed with short turnaround time.
• Foster a work environment high in trust and integrity with a keen understanding of others’ positions and exhibit flexibility in arriving at solutions; ensure commitments to others are met and frequently exceeded.
• Partner with external health system and vendor companies on joint analytics projects.
• Doctoral degree in a relevant discipline or an actuarial credential (ASA or FSA) required;
• A minimum of 10 years relevant experience required.
• Expertise in analytics for observational studies (prospective and retrospective) from design through conduct, analysis, and reporting required.
• An in-depth knowledge of patient level data analytics (actuarial, biostatistics, econometrics, program evaluation, predictive modeling) required.
• Experience with analytics, coding and management of administrative claims datasets, electronic health/medical records and/or clinical registry data required.
• Strong leadership skills and experience required.
• Experience managing multiple projects concurrently required.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
• Experience with programming in major statistical analysis systems, such as SAS and R required.
• Experience in Actuarial Sciences, Health Economics, Health Services Research, Biostatistics, or Public health preferred.
• A minimum of 2 years of direct people management and leadership experience preferred.
• Innovative thinker and openness to apply novel analytics concepts and techniques including predictive analytics and machine learning preferred.
• Experience working in a multidisciplinary team environment preferred.
• Experience interacting and advising/consulting with external collaborative partners on joint projects preferred.
• Experience in both pharmaceutical industry and payer environment preferred.
• Experience with design and/or execution of innovative solutions (such as risk/value based contracts) preferred.
• Approximately 20% travel required (mostly national; rare international travel).
Primary LocationNorth America-United States-New Jersey-TitusvilleOrganizationJanssen Scientific Affairs, LLC (6120)Relocation EligibleYes - Within CountryJob FunctionHealth Economics R&D
Internal ID: 1239170926
Location/Region: Titusville, NJ (US)