Janssen Research & Development, a Johnson & Johnson Company is hiring an Associate Scientist, Biophysics to be located Spring House, Pennsylvania.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The Associate Scientist in Janssen Biotherapeutics (JBIO) will join a team of scientists within the Biophysics group to employ biophysical methods to characterize and ensure the quality of therapeutic assets developed by JBIO. You will perform experiments related to characterizing the binding and stability of therapeutic antibody candidates using techniques like SPR, BLI, chromatography and others. You will also:
- Perform experiments to characterize antibodies and other biologics using various biophysical and biochemical techniques
- Record and analyze experimental data, verify data integrity and accuracy, and report/summarize findings to the project team.
- Draft technical documents and perform technology transfer to collaboration partners
- Maintain laboratory equipment and interact with facilities staff on lab matters
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry, Biotechnology, Biophysics or related field is required.
- Advanced degree, Master’s or PhD in related field is preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years experience working in industry or academic lab setting is also required.
- Experience using techniques related to biophysics, biochemistry, protein production, or molecular biology is required.
- Previous experience with SPR, BLI, or chromatography is preferred
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail is required
- Demonstrated ability to perform in a team environment is also required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law
Primary LocationNorth America-United States-Pennsylvania-Spring HouseOrganizationJanssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)TravelNoJob FunctionR&D
Internal ID: 0612170919
Location/Region: Spring House, PA (US)