Janssen Research & Development, LLC., a Johnson and Johnson Company is hiring an Associate Scientist I, Protein Purification & Bioconjugation to be located in Spring House, PA. At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found. Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visithttp://www.janssenrnd.com/for more information. We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer. The candidate will contribute to a team working on design and characterization of drug candidates based on protein conjugates. This associate will primarily be responsible for protein expression in microbial and mammalian systems, bioconjugation, protein and conjugate purification, and analytical characterization of biomolecules. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinating with other team members to enable the planning and execution of in vitro studies in an accurate and seamless manner.
- Collaborating with internal and external partners to advance technology development programs
- Recording and analyzing experimental data, verifying data integrity and accuracy, and reporting on findings to the team
- Maintaining accurate laboratory notebooks in a timely fashion and preparing technical reports, summaries, and protocols
M.S. degree with at least 1 year of relevant research experience OR a B.S./B.A. degree with at least 2 years of relevant research experience performing progressively advanced duties is required. Must possess training/experience in one or more of thefollowing areas:
- protein expression
- protein purification
- protein chemistry
- preparative and/or analytical chromatography
- protein characterization Experience with AKTA chromatography systems or similar is highly desired. Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail is required. Demonstrated ability to perform in a team environment is also required The ideal candidate will have a successful track record of problem solving, good organizational habits, excellent communication skills, the ability to work under timelines, and the ability to collaborate within multidisciplinary teams.
Primary LocationNorth America-United States-Pennsylvania-Spring HouseOrganizationJanssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)Job FunctionBiology
Internal ID: 1798171004
Location/Region: Spring House, PA (US)