Job Description Family Support Advocate *This position requires candidates to be Bilingual in Spanish to meet the needs of the community in which we serve.
Acelero Learning is a pioneering provider of early childhood education and family engagement services through our three business units, all focused on closing the achievement gap for thousands of Head Start children and families across the country. With over $50 million in revenue and unparalleled child outcome data, we are both one of the largest and one of the most innovative companies in our space.
Acelero Learning has two divisions:
Acelero Learning is a direct provider Head Start services in four states (New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Nevada and Wisconsin).
Shine Early Learning partners with local organizations to support the delivery of high quality services through Shine Assist and Shine Implement programs.
The Family Support Advocate (FSA) will work as a member of a team whose primary role is to engage families to partner with us to promote children’s healthy development and school readiness. In their specialized role, the Family Support Advocate will provide individualized, intensive support to the most vulnerable families in our Head Start program. Families on the Family Support Advocates’ caseloads will include families experiencing a significant crisis, families who are recently homeless or whose children are in foster care, as well as families impacted by substance abuse, family violence or mental health concerns. In order to effectively support these families, the Family Support Advocate will be expected to establish and maintain relationships with community providers to provide the resources, counseling, treatment or other interventions needed to assist them to stabilize their circumstances and enhance their overall well-being.
We believe all families share the same aspirations for their children and have the ability to significantly contribute to their children’s development and learning. The Family Support Advocate’s position has been established to allow our Head Start program to triage and provide more targeted support to families who may require additional resources to achieve these outcomes. Due to its specialized nature, and based upon Center size and family distribution, the position may involve a caseload assignment at more than one center based location as deemed necessary for program operations.
The Family Support Advocate’s responsibilities primarily fall within the following core functions, although s/he may perform other tasks based upon program needs:
• Promote Family Environments that Enhance Children’s Development
• Support Vulnerable Families
• Maintain Internal and External Service Coordination
• Assure Accurate and Timely Record Keeping and Reporting
• Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Human Services or Family and Child Development with at least two years of experience working with vulnerable families and communities. MSW, Licensed Social Worker or comparable degree preferred.
• A passion for achieving positive child and family outcomes through high quality family engagement
• Background and experience working with families of children 0-5 preferred
• Familiarity with assessment strategies for high risk behaviors, including depression, domestic violence, and substance abuse
• Bilingual (in Spanish) preferred and may be required at certain service locations to meet the needs of our population
• Advanced computer literacy in email, word processing and internet navigation
• Valid driver’s license with reliable transportation with state-mandated minimum insurance coverage(s) on your vehicle
• Ability to lift a child weighing 40 pounds, 20 times a day if needed
• Ability to obtain certification in CPR and First Aid
• Pass physical examination, background check, and fingerprinting screen
The mission of Acelero Learning is to bring a relentless focus on positive family and child outcomes to close the achievement gap and build a better future for children, families, and communities served by the Head Start program. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and healthy work place.
About this company
Acelero Learning's mission is to bring a relentless focus on positive family and child outcomes to close the achievement gap and build a better future for children, families, and communities served by the Head Start program. Acelero Learning is a pioneering provider of early childhood education and family engagement services, all of which are focused on closing the Achievement Gap for thousands of Head Start children and families across the country. With over $50 million in revenue and unparalleled child outcomes, we are both one of the largest and most innovative companies in our space.
Location/Region: Philadelphia, PA (US)