Job Description Family Engagement Advocate *This position requires candidates to be Bilingual in Spanish to meet the needs of the community in which we serve.
Acelero Learning is a pioneering provider of early childhood education and family engagement services through our three business units, all focused on closing the achievement gap for thousands of Head Start children and families across the country. With over $50 million in revenue and unparalleled child outcome data, we are both one of the largest and one of the most innovative companies in our space.
Acelero Learning has two divisions:
Acelero Learning is a direct provider Head Start services in four states (New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Nevada and Wisconsin).
Shine Early Learning partners with local organizations to support the delivery of high quality services through Shine Assist and Shine Implement programs.
We are seeking an inspired and dedicated Family Engagement Advocate. As a Family Engagement Advocate, you will support and empower families in their role as primary educator and advocate. You will build home school connections that promote children’s school readiness and healthy development, as well as enhance family well-being.
Family Engagement Advocates contribute to our mission through the following activities and responsibilities:
- Promote Family Environments that Enhance Children’s Development: Engage families to enhance parent/child interactions that research shows foster school readiness through consistent family routines, positive guidance and discipline, experience rich home environments, and literacy activities.
- Support Families to Meet Self-Identified Goals: Utilize family self-assessment information to assist families with self-identified goals to enhance self-sufficiency in areas such as education, employment, housing, and access to community resources.
- Engage Families To Support One Another: Conduct group and center-based workshops and activities designed to build social capital and create a welcoming program community committed to family engagement in children’s learning and development.
- Program Collaboration: Work side by side with health, education and other members of the family engagement team to support families to be fully engaged in all aspects of our program
- Record Keeping and Reporting: Maintain accurate electronic and hard copy records and case notes to support positive child and family outcomes.
- AA or BA Degree in Social Work, Human Services, Family Services, Counseling or a related field preferred, OR AA or BA in another field with a commitment to complete Family Services/Certificate/Credential within 18 months of hire. We will also consider candidates with a High School Diploma with 3 years experience working in the community with families and a completed Family Development Certificate or Credential.
- A passion for achieving positive child and family outcomes through high quality family engagement
- Experience, training, and skill assisting the parents of young children to advocate for their families
- Demonstrated ability to develop positive relationships with families and children
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Experience working in low income, diverse communities preferred
- Bilingual Spanish-English strongly preferred
This position is full time, year round and earns $15.47/hr.
- Valid driver’s license with reliable transportation with state-mandated minimum insurance coverage(s) on your vehicle
- Pass physical examination, background check, and fingerprinting screen
- Computer literacy in email, word processing and internet navigation
The mission of Acelero Learning is to bring a relentless focus on positive child and family outcomes to close the achievement gap and build a better future for children, families, and communities served by the Head Start program. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and healthy work place.
About this company
Acelero Learning's mission is to bring a relentless focus on positive family and child outcomes to close the achievement gap and build a better future for children, families, and communities served by the Head Start program. Acelero Learning is a pioneering provider of early childhood education and family engagement services, all of which are focused on closing the Achievement Gap for thousands of Head Start children and families across the country. With over $50 million in revenue and unparalleled child outcomes, we are both one of the largest and most innovative companies in our space.
Location/Region: Philadelphia, PA (US)