Job Description Substitute Cook
Acelero Learning is a pioneering provider of early childhood education and family engagement services through our three business units, all focused on closing the achievement gap for thousands of Head Start children and families across the country. With over $50 million in revenue and unparalleled child outcome data, we are both one of the largest and one of the most innovative companies in our space.
Acelero Learning has two divisions: Acelero Learning is a direct provider Head Start services in four states (New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Nevada and Wisconsin). Shine Early Learning partners with local organizations to support the delivery of high quality services through Shine Assist and Shine Implement programs.
We are seeking an inspired and dedicated Substitute Cooks who will be responsible for assisting in the implementation of food services in a Head Start/Early Head Start program serving children ages 0-5. Responsibilities include assisting in preparing attractive, USDA-approved meals; keeping the kitchen clean and sanitary according to Health Department ordinances; and maintaining adequate food stocks, kitchen supplies, and food service records. Candidates must be available 7:30am-3pm. The pay rate is $10.00/hr.
The Substitute Cook’s responsibilities chiefly fall within the following core functions, although s/he may perform other tasks as needed.
Under the direction and supervision of the Head Cook:
- Assist in preparation of assigned menu.
- Assist in delivery of food to classrooms and of dirty dishes from the classroom.
- Use sanitary washing procedure to clean dishes and cooking equipment
- Check food deliveries for accuracy and for good quality.
- Store food and supplies properly. Date all canned, boxed and bagged foods. Use the FIFO method of inventory.
- Monitor and maintain proper food temperatures.
- Monitor and maintain proper temperatures of all refrigerator and freezers.
- Maintain appropriate cleanliness of all kitchen materials and supplies as required.
- Ability to understand English
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to lift and move objects weighing up to 50 lbs
- Must drive and have reliable transportation
- Ability to stand for up to 4 hours at a time and work in a warm, humid environment
Substitute Cooks are called in as needed to service our centers in Philadelphia and earn $10/hr.
The mission of Acelero Learning is to bring a relentless focus on positive child and family outcomes to close the achievement gap and build a better future for children, families, and communities served by the Head Start program. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and healthy work place.
About this company
Acelero Learning's mission is to bring a relentless focus on positive family and child outcomes to close the achievement gap and build a better future for children, families, and communities served by the Head Start program. Acelero Learning is a pioneering provider of early childhood education and family engagement services, all of which are focused on closing the Achievement Gap for thousands of Head Start children and families across the country. With over $50 million in revenue and unparalleled child outcomes, we are both one of the largest and most innovative companies in our space.
Location/Region: Philadelphia, PA (US)