Acelero Learning is a pioneering provider of early childhood education and family engagement services through our three business units, all focused on closing the achievement gap for thousands of Head Start children and families across the country. With over $50 million in revenue and unparalleled child outcome data, we are both one of the largest and one of the most innovative companies in our space.
Acelero Learning has two divisions: Acelero Learning is a direct provider Head Start services in four states (New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Nevada and Wisconsin). Shine Early Learning partners with local organizations to support the delivery of high quality services through Shine Assist and Shine Implement programs.
is responsible for implementation of food services in a Head Start program serving children ages 0-5. Responsibilities include preparing attractive, USDA-approved meals; keeping the kitchen and classroom areas clean and sanitary according to Health Department ordinances; and maintaining adequate food stocks, kitchen supplies, and nutrition records. Responsibilities:
The Cook will ultimately be evaluated on a combination of skills, dispositions and behaviors, some of which are related to the specific service area of this position and others that represent general expectations of all Acelero Learning employees. Nutritious Cooking:
- Prepares nutritious meals that take into consideration children’s various cultures and individual nutritional needs
- Understands and uses child nutritional needs and age-specific portion sizes to prepare meals in accordance with USDA, Head Start, and CACFP guidelines
- Understands and strictly adheres to health, safety, food handling and sanitation requirements before, during and after meal preparation.
- Follows menu guidelines and adjusts when necessary due to an availability of menu items or an individual child’s needs.
The Cook’s responsibilities chiefly fall within the following core functions, although s/he may perform other tasks as needed: Food Services
- Prepare and participate in family-style meals with children, volunteers, and staff.
- Work in conjunction with the Center Director and staff to monitor family style dining in classrooms and document as appropriate.
- Maintain nutrition record-keeping and reporting.
- Review food and supplies order sheets.
- Store food and supplies properly.
- Monitor and maintain proper food temperatures.
- Maintain appropriate cleanliness of all kitchen materials and supplies as required.
- Maintain and be aware of center allergies and concerns.
- Deliver food to various locations using company vehicle.
- Assist in delivery of food to classrooms.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and healthy work place.
- High School diploma or equivalent, plus current food handler’s certificate.
- SafeServ Certificate, or get certified within the first 3 months of hire.
- Experience in purchasing and preparing culturally diverse foods for groups.
- Knowledge of early childhood nutrition.
- Lift and move heavy and/or bulky objects weighing up to 50 lbs
- Reliable transportation, driver’s license in good standing and state-mandated minimum insurance coverage(s) on your vehicle
- aPass physical examination and all Head Start/licensing required background checks.
About this company
Acelero Learning's mission is to bring a relentless focus on positive family and child outcomes to close the achievement gap and build a better future for children, families, and communities served by the Head Start program. Acelero Learning is a pioneering provider of early childhood education and family engagement services, all of which are focused on closing the Achievement Gap for thousands of Head Start children and families across the country. With over $50 million in revenue and unparalleled child outcomes, we are both one of the largest and most innovative companies in our space.
Location/Region: Philadelphia, PA (US)