Within the organization, the Global Audit Services team is seen as a critical line of defense for the organization. The team is comprised of hard-working, highly motivated, and technically skilled professionals who consistently deliver high-quality work in a dynamic environment. The team also promotes a flexible and well-balanced work environment. Audit Project Managers play a significant role in the development and execution of the audit plan for one’s business area of focus. Individuals in this role demonstrate professional curiosity, have a continuous improvement mindset, possess the desire/aptitude to rapidly learn new skills and exemplify the highest degree of trust and integrity.
This candidate would work within the Global Audit Services, Investment Management team. This team executes projects and audits within the field of investment management and related supporting functions. Working in Internal Audit will provide you with the opportunity to work with audit teams in operational, financial, regulatory, and informational technology areas, allow you to participate in cross-divisional projects (i.e. Gemini, Project Ascent, involving multiple senior leaders and businesses, and expose you to strategic and enterprise level risks and controls. The role requires ongoing collaboration with our audit team in London and Melbourne, as well as our key risk partners across the organization. The role offers a great opportunity to learn and apply transferable knowledge (risk and controls) and skills (influence, critical thinking, and relationship management).
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with Audit Senior Management team to develop the annual audit plan to achieve departmental and corporate objectives. Works closely with client management in the planning, development and execution of the audit plan. Demonstrates initiative and creativity in independently recommending and implementing control solutions.
- Develops and maintains an ongoing working knowledge of Vanguard's business lines, products and services. Understands the underlying risk factors associated with the entities being audited. Has a sound understanding of the technical aspects of the functions being performed within each auditable entity.
- Develops and maintains an ongoing working knowledge of processes and systems (including associated operating risk factors) that support Vanguard's respective business lines being audited, as well as a working knowledge of the broader audit universe of auditable entities around the globe.
- Develops and maintains a working knowledge of process and systems supporting Vanguard's businesses.
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of internal control concepts and their application to the function(s) being audited.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with unit, department and division management, as well as PricewaterhouseCoopers. Performs inquiries of key management personnel to assist in developing the strategy for each audit.
- Provides advice and guidance to staff as assigned and works collaboratively with team members.
- Drafts and reviews audit reports and other communications to management. Assists the Senior Manager and Audit Director in preparing communications to the audit committee.
- Ensures operational efficiency and effectiveness within the unit. Sets measurable goals and examines ways to raise standards, to increase quality and to improve overall performance of the unit. Participates in the development of project budgets.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
The Ideal Candidate Should Possess:
- Undergraduate degree in a business related field of concentration or equivalent combination of training and experience. Professional certification or advanced degree (e.g., ACA, CPA, CIA, MBA, CFA or CIDA) preferred.
- Minimum of five years general business experience, including two to four years of financial services industry experience. Internal Audit experience with two to four years of previous management experience preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of and demonstrated interest in the financial services industry. Ability to comfortably and credibly discuss our business lines, products, and services with senior leaders across the company.
- Demonstrated ability to function in fast paced, ambiguous environment working with multiple and diverse responsibilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to clearly describe complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical crew.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and projects and remain highly productive with minimal supervision.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, verbal and written communication, presentation, and problem solving skills.
- Experience in situations requiring diplomacy. Strong negotiation skills.
- Strong Client/Focus and relationship skills.
Ability to travel.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Location/Region: Malvern, PA