Job Description Family Services and Health Coordinator *This position requires candidates to be Bilingual in Spanish to meet the needs of the community in which we serve.
Acelero Learning is a pioneering provider of early childhood education and family engagement services through our three business units, all focused on closing the achievement gap for thousands of Head Start children and families across the country. With over $50 million in revenue and unparalleled child outcome data, we are both one of the largest and one of the most innovative companies in our space.
Acelero Learning has two divisions:
Acelero Learning is a direct provider Head Start services in four states (New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Nevada and Wisconsin). Shine Early Learning partners with local organizations to support the delivery of high quality services through Shine Assist and Shine Implement programs.
We are seeking an inspired and dedicated Family Services and Health Coordinator for our Acelero Learning Head Start delegate in Camden and Philadelphia. The program serves over 800 children ages 0-5 in eight Centers across the two communities. As a Family Services and Health Coordinator, you will work as a member of an interdisciplinary team of health and family engagement staff to ensure implementation of all aspects of Acelero Learning’s family engagement and health and wellness approach, with the goal of executing high quality two generation strategies that improve child and family outcomes and ensure school readiness.
Preferred candidates will have background in supporting and managing staff to execute family engagement and health strategies in low income communities. The position is located in north Philadelphia, with local travel among the Centers operated in lower north Philadelphia, as well as limited national travel to participate in cross-network professional development meetings.
The Family Services and Health Coordinator contributes to our mission through the following activities and responsibilities:
- Team Leadership: The Family Services and Health Coordinator must be able to support and provide leadership to a team of Family Advocates working under his/her direction. In this leadership role, the FSH Coordinator is responsible for communicating the program vision, building a strong and effective team, and creating a culture of pro-active problem-solving. He/she will also assist the Director of Family Services and Health to establish and sustain partnerships with external community organizations to assist with achieving child and family outcomes in the areas of family engagement and health and wellness, as well as hold a lead role in Health and Nutrition oversight on the Family Services and Health team.
- Model Execution: The Family Services and Health Coordinator works in coordination with Acelero Learning local leadership to provide input and feedback into the execution and refinement of the program’s core strategies in order to achieve each of Acelero Learning’s three family engagement and health and wellness goals, which include: strengthening family engagement with all families to encourage parent/child interactions that will help close the achievement gap, segmenting and providing individualized family support to motivated families according to self-identified needs and aspirations, and building social capital among families to sustain their engagement and support for one another over time. He/she oversees execution of strategies within his/her assigned Centers, providing feedback to local leadership regarding strategy efficacy as well as on-going support needed to achieve model fidelity and quality.
- Child and Family Outcomes: The Family Services and Health Coordinator is responsible for working with delegate leadership to track progress towards achieving benchmarks that will result in substantive positive impact on child and family outcomes in the areas of child and family engagement and health and well being. He/she must be comfortable utilizing data to assess program and staff progress, and to refine management strategies based upon program trends.
- Coaching, Supervision and Performance Management: The candidate will be responsible for executing Acelero Learning’s reflective coaching and supervision practices with family engagement, and health and nutrition staff, and for creating a learning environment that supports staff development while also holding staff accountable for high quality performance. As a member of the program’s management team, he/she must assure that performance management systems are fully understood and executed with consistency and equity.
- Monitoring and Compliance: The Family Services and Health Coordinator is responsible for assuring that staff under his/her supervision carry out their responsibilities in ways that assure that the program meets/exceeds all federal Head Start Performance Standards and that staff adhere to all aspects of the program’s Integrated Service Plan and Policies and Procedures. Critical areas of monitoring and compliance for this position include: adherence to all family engagement and family partnership processes, adherence with Federal regulations to assure that all children are up to date with EPSDT requirements and receive follow up treatment for acute and chronic health conditions, have medical and dental homes, receive special diets and other nutritional support, as needed.
The mission of Acelero Learning is to bring a relentless focus on positive child and family outcomes to close the achievement gap and build a better future for children, families, and communities served by the Head Start program.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Family Development, Social Work, Public Health, Nutrition, Health Promotion or other relevant field or equivalent experience.
- Expertise in community based interventions to improve outcomes for low income culturally diverse families and communities, with direct experience developing and implementing program strategies with external partners
- 3 years experience in the family and community health engagement field, including experience in coaching, supervision, program and project management to promote program innovation and organizational change
- Expertise assisting families of young children act as full partners to promote their children’s school readiness and overall healthy development.
- Strong analytic skills in order to quickly assess situations, identify trends, develop solutions and apply critical assessment to the larger context
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to work as part of a team, communicate effectively both orally and in writing, receive and provide feedback and manage dynamic interchanges in meetings
- Bilingual Spanish/English required
- Ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders to successfully implement program plans
- Pass physical examination, background check, and fingerprint screening
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and healthy work place.
About this company
Acelero Learning's mission is to bring a relentless focus on positive family and child outcomes to close the achievement gap and build a better future for children, families, and communities served by the Head Start program. Acelero Learning is a pioneering provider of early childhood education and family engagement services, all of which are focused on closing the Achievement Gap for thousands of Head Start children and families across the country. With over $50 million in revenue and unparalleled child outcomes, we are both one of the largest and most innovative companies in our space.
Location/Region: Philadelphia, PA (US)