This Assembler 3 is located in the IRFS Value Stream in the Electronic Attack Assembly Department and performs a wide variety of assembly operations to create precision electro-mechanical, electronic assemblies or sub-assemblies or microwave assemblies. Determines and/or follows method and sequence of operations in performing such tasks manual die-attach using various types of epoxies or solders also performs various types of manual wire bonding (ie:thermosonic and thermocompression wedge) and ball bonding operation using .001 wire up to .040 wide gold ribbon. Uses precision measuring instruments to ensure conformance with blueprint specifications and tolerances; disassemblies precision assemblies and corrects malfunctions. Operates automatic, semi-automatic and manual wirebonding equipment (ie: K&S, Westbond and Mech-el) and sets up and adjusts fixtures.SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assembles, modifies, reworks and repairs electrical components, assemblies, subassemblies and moderately complex modules by interpreting schematic diagrams, process sheets, technical drawing package or other specifications. Inspects results to ensure conformance with requirements and performs rework as needed.
- Verifies producibility of products during the first piece process.
- The ability to perform various types of wirebonding application Thermosonic,Thermocompression wedge and ballbonding. Performs hand solder operations in compliance with military and/or Company standards at all stages of assembly including rework operations.
- Performs tasks of lower level assembler job description as needed.
- May cross-train other assembly positions.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Ability to perform manual dieattach using various types of epoxy and solder to place components that are a minimum of 10x10 mils square while working under a microscope.
• High School Diploma (or equivalent)
• 4 years electronic assembly experience
• Must be able to show US Citizenship
• Able to interpret and work with wire lists, schematic diagrams, process sheets/route cards and technical drawing packages (i.e., ECO’s, parts lists and PRN’s).
• Able to use hand tools. Able to use measurement tools and devices such as scales, micrometers and calipers.
• Able to identify, form and mount components. Able to prep, crimp and set-up tools for conductors.
• Able to perform layout and bundling techniques on harnesses.
• Able to obtain a clearance.
• Must achieve specified solder certification in various assembly/soldering techniques per Company and customer standards and perform basic hand soldering tasks.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite specifically Microsoft Excel.
• Some experience with cross-training other assembly positions.
• Experience in a defense contractor, aerospace, or the military environment.
Cobham’s values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world’s leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
Location/Region: Lansdale, PA (US)