Project Financial Analyst II
Cobham is seeking a Project Financial Analyst II. In this role you will be responsible for financial planning and analysis within a government contracts environment, including developing plans and monitoring program performance against cost and schedule goals. You will work with the program management team providing periodic analysis for assigned projects, including variance analysis and reporting and preparation of revised forecasts for review by management. This position is ideal for those looking to work in a highly visible team environment with career opportunity for growth.
- Develops program plans and performance measurement reports which satisfy company and customer requirements for program status and cost collection.
- Utilizes program planning systems to monitor performance. Identifies implication of schedule variances and suggests appropriate recovery plans.
- Prepare proposals in accordance with company policy, customer requirements, and government regulations.
- Analyzes historical program performance data to develop cost and schedule estimates in response to requests for proposal submissions.
- Prepare supporting data to be used in proposal fact finding, audits and negotiations.
- Utilizes and adapts automated data collection and reporting systems and techniques to monitor program spending against the current forecast. Can prepare variance analysis and assess impact for future proposals.
- Develops work breakdown structures, task codes and time phased expenditure plans.
- Will also provide back-up for the financial budgeting and reporting function, utilizing an on-line data collection and reporting tool.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business related field, or equivalent, and 3 years relevant experience, or Master’s Degree in business (this is considered an entry level position for a recent Master’s graduate)
- Relevant experience in financial planning and analysis
- MS Office Intermediate to Advanced
- US Citizen
- Selected applicant may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements for access to classified information
- Must possess excellent analytical, conceptual, communication and interpersonal skills, in addition to the ability to think creatively
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Experience using Oracle or other ERP system
- Experience within a DOD contracting environment
- Scheduling experience utilizing MS Project
Cobham’s values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world’s leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
Location/Region: Lansdale, PA (US)