We are looking for a candidate who possesses strong leadership, relationship management, conceptual thinking and technical skills to drive our direct marketing and innovative capabilities forward, while providing exceptional coaching and development to our Crew. The right candidate will lead a team that plays a critical role in partnering with our marketing and creative groups to target, segment, design, develop and deploy our emails.
This is a wonderful opportunity within a professional and innovative business team. This enterprise supporting role will offer a collaborative leader the opportunity to:
•Contribute to our strategic and innovative agenda within the Direct Marketing business;
•Influence the global expansion of our email services and capabilities;
•Consult with our business partners to assist them in meeting their strategic goals;
•Gain experience and exposure to 3rd party service providers;
•Develop business acumen that crosses all divisions;
•Be part of the broader Marketing Technology & Operations team focused on transforming marketing and analytics through technology and data.
In addition to gaining a stimulating and prominent role, you’ll be part of a company where doing the right thing isn’t just a tagline, it’s our passion.
- Manages staff. Provides guidance and motivation as necessary to develop staff. Hires, evaluates and counsels personnel. Follows corporate disciplinary procedures per established Vanguard standards as required. Communicates and resolves staff and technical performance problems quickly and constructively. Sets performance standards, reviews performance, provides feedback, and recommends wage increases in accordance with all applicable Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Develops, implements, and monitors technical project plans. Identifies deliverables, milestones, and tasks for the project(s). Interviews team members for estimates. Updates schedule. Plans and integrates schedule, resources, and deliverables with Client Insight and IT departments and vendors.
- Works with relevant stakeholders to determine the scope, requirements and solutions for assigned projects and ensures integration with other project teams. Works with identified stakeholders in planning and implementing the conversion of both system software solutions and non-technology initiatives.
- Identifies, manages, and mitigates technical risks and related business issues - including externally mandated compliance risk. Effectively communicates and manages project dependencies. Identifies potential solutions, including the cost/benefit of each option. Reviews and resolves complex technical issues with Client Insight Business Technology group and Systems Integration.
- Provides direction and guidance to a team of data analysts aligned with each Vanguard line of business around key operational and strategic topics and questions--e.g. segmentation, data integration, campaign execution & effectiveness.
- Builds and manages client relationships and establishes trust with management throughout Client Insight, Marketing & Communications, IT, staff and vendors.
- Keeps abreast of marketing and IT industry, market and company trends, and partners with business leaders to understand key concerns and opportunities for each line of business; tailors analysis and synthesis around these topics.
- Creates and maintains Unmatchable Excellence dashboard of performance indicators for all key processes. Actively monitors dashboard measures, drills down to root cause of defects and initiates and implements appropriate improvement actions using statistical and analytical skills and tools.
- Analyzes departmental statistics and prepares reports for management. Uses available data to monitor progress and measure success.
- Manages operational quality and efficiency within the unit. Sets measurable goals and examines ways to raise standards, increase quality and improve overall performance of the unit.
- Develops short and long-term business initiatives for unit. Aligns key initiatives with business strategies and continually monitors progress against plan. Participates in business planning activities and development of departmental budget to determine feasibility and resource needs for all operational initiatives.
- Participates in or leads special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum of five years related work experience, including three years of successfully managing a variety of projects from beginning to end.
- Exceptional people leadership. Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate others, including coaching and mentoring
- Working knowledge of E-Mail Marketing, Campaign Management and Business Intelligence tools and technologies.
- Strong planning and problem solving skills. Organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Competency with workflow and business process analysis.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of applicable tools such as Excel, SAS, Minitab, Access and working knowledge of related databases.
- Demonstrated skills including negotiation, feedback, influence, change management, group facilitation, and meeting effectiveness.
- Strong leadership and motivation skills to effectively manage the completion of responsibilities and objectives.
- Flexibility, judgment and time management skills.
- Ability to work quickly and independently with attention to detail and sensitivity to deadlines.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Location/Region: Malvern, PA