We are currently hiring for QA for both our Bistro Bowl and Lettuce/Clamshell department during 1 st and 2 nd shift.
Monday through Wednesday, off on Thursday, and work Friday and Saturday. *
1 st Shift starts at 6:00 a.m.
2 nd Shift starts at 4:00 p.m.
*Working hours and days may vary due to customer demand. Candidates must be able to work flexible schedule and have the ability to work in a fast pace, team oriented environment.
Starting Salary: $14.00 an hour
Responsible for the physical, chemical, and sensory evaluation of raw, In-process and finished product. Effectively communicate and document results of testing. Assure all products produced comply with Ready Pac and customer specifications. Champion the Quality Assurance Department goals of continuous improvement. Assure plant Good Manufacturing Practices through audits, communications, and compliance. Comply with all Food Safety and Quality Systems requirements.
Responsibilities may include but not limited to:
- Perform analysis using analytically and physical equipment to assure compliance to specification. Specialized equipment used includes ph meter, oxygen meter, titration for chlorine and acid, and measurement tools.
- Audit processing equipment and testing instrumentation for proper operation and sanitation.
- Ability to evaluate sensory attributes of product against target.
- Document results of testing on Quality Assurance Logs.
- Effectively communicate results of test with production workers, supervisors and managers.
- Audit production activities to assure compliance to Specifications, Good Manufacturing Practices, and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Perform regular GMP inspections to insure area is always in compliance
- Maintain accurate and detailed process records.
- Take raw material, in-process, and finished product samples, as required.
- Approach activities proactively to assure quality the first time.
- Responsible for following, performing and documenting food safety and food quality programs.
- Perform all other duties as required and assigned by supervisor.
Job Requirements Ability to communicate effectively orally and written. Able to work flexible work schedule. Basic computer skills
- GED/High School Diploma
- Basic reading and math skills
- Must be self-motivated and able to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Must have sound decision making skills
- Time management and communication skills a must.
- Requires basic computer knowledge.
- Attendance in good standing.
- Must have the ability to work flexible hours and/or days.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Perform tasks requiring repetitive motion and stand for long periods.
- Possess communication, teamwork, problem solving, and leadership skills.
- Attention to detail
- Must be willing and able to work in a cold and wet environment (34-38 degrees).
- Must be willing and able to work overtime.
- Must have reliable transportation.
Job Snapshot Base Pay
$14.00 /Hour Employment Type
Full-Time Job Type
QA - Quality Control Education
High School Experience
At least 1 year(s) Manages Others
Not Specified Relocation
Manufacturing, Food Required Travel
Location/Region: Swedesboro, NJ (US)