Manage the team responsible for building and running enterprise performance management (EPM) systems at Vanguard. The team provides consultative expertise to corporate finance business clients ensuring that systems solutions are optimized globally for usability, scalability and control. This manager will oversee implementation of projects, enhancements and issue resolutions for EPM applications.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Manages staff. Provides guidance, training and motivation as necessary to develop staff. Hires, evaluates and counsels personnel. Follows corporate disciplinary procedures per established Vanguard standards as required. Sets performance standards, reviews performance, provides feedback, recommends wage increases in accordance with all applicable Human Resources policies and procedures.
2. Provides consultative guidance and application expertise to staff in solving and/or enhancing planning, and financial reporting systems. Identifies opportunities to continuously evolve the application expertise of the staff. Effectively utilizes a flexible work force and monitors staff workloads to ensure appropriate staffing levels.
3. Solicits feedback on user experiences and recommends and implements operational/procedural/informational improvements. Thoroughly understands client business functions and technology needs. Has a broad understanding of Vanguard’s technologies, tools, and applications, including those that interface with business area and systems. Provides technical support by responding to questions, concerns, and issues.
4. Leads various stakeholders from both within and outside of department to determine project scope, requirements, and implement solutions for key projects. Works with appropriate parties to plan, schedule, coordinate and manage and translate business activities required to deliver project solutions. Establishes delivery time-frames, sets technical priorities and ensures recommended system solutions address division and department needs.
5. Leads the team in the delivery of technology projects related to enterprise performance management capabilities using agile techniques.
6. Assists with determination for current and future resourcing (crew) requirements to meet operational and project needs. Assists with determining budget/ financial impacts of future projects during planning season.
7. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with both internal and external clients, business partners, IT teams and vendors. Proactively fosters effective communication. Anticipates clients' needs and ensures clients' satisfaction related to the services being provided.
8. Stays abreast of new or existing technologies through application training, vendor conferences and consultant expertise. Recommends enhancements and modifications to existing applications to promote effective system performance and optimize business utilization of the applications.
9. Participates in the inspection of requirements, design (general and detail) and testing of deliverables to identify issues and ensure they meet the needs of the business. Explains business and technical considerations at related meetings, including those with internal finance clients.
10. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Accounting or Finance, preferred or an equivalent combination of training and experience. CFA, MBA or MBS beneficial.
- Minimum of five years of progressively increasing project responsibilities experience, including at least three years of experience managing/supervising people as well as agile software development. Experience leading matrix and consulting resources preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced Oracle Hyperion Planning, Essbase strongly perferred; ODI skills a plus
- Excellent analytical, data mining, and data analysis skills.
- Excellent persuasion and negotiation skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Comprehensive understanding of broad financial concepts including accounting, finance, and economics.
- Ability to work independently, with attention to detail and sensitivity to deadlines.
- Excellent computer skills required including a broad knowledge of all MS Office software.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Location/Region: Malvern, PA