Vanguard, one of the world's largest investment management companies and a recognized employer of choice, seeks a Senior Product Manager to support the existing Vanguard product ranges distributed into LatAm and Caribbean, and support the shaping of future product strategies in that region.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provides product expertise both internally and externally in the industry. Maintains deep knowledge of both US and UCITS product ranges, and the various structures within each range (ETFs and trackers). Has well-established knowledge of capital markets. Provides support and guidance to relationship management and sales teams; is regularly called upon to participate in meetings with our largest and most strategic clients. Acts as a Vanguard ambassador through media interviews and industry events as required.
2. Leads product strategy in existing and new markets through research on targeted channels, existing product usage, and emerging trends. Supports Americas’ product development through the construction of business and investment cases. Guides new products through governance committees and Boards, representing the local region.
3. Works closely with PRD teams across regions to understand product pipeline and evaluate product management initiatives impacting shared platforms utilized by the Latin America team. Collaborates with internal teams and Americas leadership to develop and present a shared view on product initiatives impacting region during the research phase. Ensures appropriate change management and communication to impacted crew.
4. Leads analyses of product issues confronting Vanguard’s product range (e.g. new products, product improvements, mergers/liquidations). Leverages and manages cross-functional teams as required. Supports the implementation of product management initiatives and coordinates resources internally. Prepares and presents strategic analysis and recommendations to senior management at various forums.
5. Develops and maintains key internal stakeholder relationships across the organization including, business leadership broadly, capital markets, investment teams, sales teams, international PRD, marketing, and legal. Provides appropriate influence within the organization to support regional product efforts.
6. Supports the creation and tailor of dynamic content and technical marketing used to position our products and to respond to investor queries. Contributes to new product launches in partnership with Product Strategy teams, Capital and Markets. Develops go-to Market strategies with the business marketing teams.
7. Participates in internal product training and/or communications including training on launches and changes to existing funds. Ensure coordination and consistency of product-related marketing initiative and external communications across divisions
8. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate should possess
- Undergraduate degree (MBA and/or CFA an advantage).
- Series 7, 63 licenses preferred or ability to obtain within 3 months.
- At least 15 years of industry experience; investment and product experience preferred.
- Familiarity with the ETF ecosystem, including capital markets functions, market makers and our index providers.
- Strong familiarity with Vanguard’s line-up and an in-depth understanding of the principles of asset management and investment markets.
- Proven understanding of Vanguard’s core business strategy and solid understanding of our major businesses.
- Demonstrated ability to learn concepts quickly and complete multiple and diverse assignments with the highest level of quality and accuracy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be capable of being a significant contributor to enhancing Vanguard's brand as an investment "thought leader" in writing and presentations.
- Exceptional collaboration skills; ability to work well with and influence other groups such as portfolio management, capital markets, sales, operations, legal, and marketing.
- Fluency in additional languages preferred (Spanish, Portugese). Willingness to travel.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Location/Region: Malvern, PA