PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready
* to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
What will you do if you work in Assurance at PwC?
You'll ask questions and test assumptions. You'll help determine if companies are reporting information that investors and others can rely on. You'll help businesses solve complex issues faced by management and boards. You'll serve the public interest and the capital markets by conducting quality audits. Visit http://pwc.to/pwcassurance for more information on PwC's Assurance practice.
The world is quickly changing, that's why PwC is quickly adapting. We're capitalizing on trends that will impact corporate reporting.
Our focus is on globalization, technology, sustainability and environmental reporting, population shifts and regulation. We combine skills and experience to help our clients address their challenges.
Members of the Transaction Services practice help clients navigate through complicated transactions and events, from evaluation through integration, in a multifaceted business environment. PwC helps clients negotiate with confidence. Some of the world's most prestigious companies rely on our buy-and-sell side due diligence capabilities and turn to us for advice on financial reporting, valuation and tax issues. We also provide advice and project management for capital raising events such as initial public offerings, secondary listings and private placements. For companies in distressed situations, we advise on crisis avoidance, financial and operational restructuring and bankruptcy.
Clients rely on PwC to help them make informed and empowered decisions to invest, divest, raise capital or reorganize. As our clients execute on their chosen strategy, our focus turns to helping them extract value.
PwC's Capital Markets and Accounting Advisory Services advises our clients, primarily Fortune 500 public companies, and large financial institutions such as private equity and hedge funds, in moments of exceptional change around deals, stress and accounting change helping them shape strategy and transformation. Our main areas of focus include:
* Capital markets such as IPOs, spins, debt raisings and capital structure advice;
* Alliances such as enter/exit JVs, strategic alliances, licenses, collaborations, etc.;
* Crisis, restructurings and restatements; and,
* Deal strategy and readiness including navigating accounting complexity and change.
We advise our clients across the deal spectrum to capture value.
With a consulting mindset, we solve our clients' complex accounting and financial reporting matters around deals or other transformational events.
CMAAS employs a team based structure to tackle clients' needs with a solution oriented approach to creatively address complex financial reporting problems. We work on high profile transactions with significant interaction with senior company management teams, bankers, lawyers and other advisors. We have a coaching environment with both formal and informal systems in place as well as continuous on the job training to ensure industry leading personal and professional development.
Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 2
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree in accounting or other business field of study, including an acceptable NASBA foreign education equivalent.
Certification(s) Required: Passed CPA exam
International hires are required to have passed the equivalent accounting certification exam in the selected individual's home country. Hires from a PwC affiliate firm must meet the credential requirements for Senior Associate in that PwC affiliate firm.
Participate as an individual contributor and a team member with senior CMAAS practitioners and other professionals (eg, bankers, lawyers, auditors, advisors) on complex accounting- and financial reporting matters related to deals and other transformational events on a daily basis in areas of focus listed above. This includes demonstrating thorough knowledge of and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
Advising multi-national, publicly-traded companies and private equity firms on a broad range of technical accounting, financial reporting, and capital markets topics including:
* IPOs, debt offerings, private placements, carve-outs and/or spin-offs;
* acquisitions, alliances/joint ventures, post deal accounting;
* restructurings, restatements, bankruptcies; and
* GAAP conversions, change in accounting standards, accounting complexity.
Demonstrates a strong interest in deals, capital markets, complex accounting and other transactions-based activities and should expect to operate in a high pressure, fast-paced work environment.
Demonstrates proven thorough abilities and/or success as a team leader and team member in a professional services consulting firm, including, but not limited to, the following areas:
* Staying current and applying applicable technical accounting and financial reporting standards, supporting resolution of technical issues through effective analysis of accounting standards/issues;
* Identifying and elevating issues early, proposing solutions and communicating them effectively to team members and the client; and,
* Enhancing the quality of work by actively supervising and coaching others
taking responsibility for the quality of work and performing a critical self-review, seeking proactively the advice of supervisors, and responding to feedback in a timely manner.
* Utilizing extensive know-how of business financials, reporting processes, and management of engagement economics; and,
* Leveraging tools and techniques for research, analysis, and problem solving
* including Interpreting data/research, drawing conclusions, and sharing derived perspectives on major economic trends, current industry or sector trends, issues and opportunities with clients.
* Leveraging know-how of globalization and how it impacts local and global business considerations;
* Working effectively as part of a diverse delivery team; and,
* Applying a global lens to business issues, identifying potential opportunities for global convergences and divergence in analytics.
* Adjusting to shifting priorities and challenges and ability to juggle new and multiple tasks;
* Delegating effectively tasks and providing direction and support to more junior team members;
* Developing others by creating and supporting appropriate work assignments; and,
* Providing coaching and feedback candidly and constructively and receive feedback openly.
* Building relationships to create exceptional client and people experience;
* Communicating confidently and effectively using a variety of communication styles across different contexts;
* Preparing for team and client interactions by anticipating others' needs; and,
* Recognizing the value of multiple and diverse perspectives and be comfortable challenging an established point of view.
Location/Region: Philadelphia, PA (US)