First American Title Insurance Company, the largest subsidiary of First American Financial Corporation (NYSE: FAF), traces its history to 1889. One of the largest title insurers in the nation, the company offers title services through its direct operations and an extensive network of agents throughout the United States and abroad. First American Title provides comprehensive title insurance coverage and professional services for purchases, construction, refinances, or equity loans. The company’s thorough searches, title clearance, and insurance help to produce clear property titles and enable the efficient transfer of real estate. First American was named one of FORTUNE's 100 Best Companies to Work For® in 2016 and 2017. For more information, visit www.firstam.com
Responsible for establishing new commercial escrow accounts and develops escrow documents in accordance with established policies and procedures.
For large Commercial transactions:
- Maintain escrow records and files and acts as escrow agent
- Responsible for managing a portfolio of assigned escrow customers/agents. Provides high level of customer service and develops ongoing escrow referrals from existing escrow customers/agents.
- Maintain records in the escrow accounting system and customer database.
- Opens escrow transactions; develops and/or obtains the appropriate escrow documentation in accordance with policy and procedures and applicable statutory and Federal regulations.
- Manages assigned escrow customers as their relationship manager; provides customer service and develops ongoing escrow referrals for transactions.
- Reviews escrow reports against escrow records to ensure accuracy of posted escrow transactions
- Reviewing and understanding commercial contracts and escrow agreements
- Making commercial disbursements from settlement statements provided by agent.
- Preparing commercial settlement statement upon request.
- Reviewing, accepting and assembling closing documents
- Recording closing documents
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- High School diploma or equivalent
Typical Range of Experience
- 2- 4 years related experience with 3+ years experience directly handling escrow transactions as an escrow assistant.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
First American invests in its employee’s development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.
Location/Region: Atlanta, GA