We are looking to hire a passionate, experienced Site Reliability Engineer and motivated technologist who possess a unique balance of technical depth and strong interpersonal skills to lead, build, and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems to support Employer's Institutional ( e.g. 401k ) business lines.
- Partner with delivery teams to improve reliability and operational efficiency throughout the entire SDLC -- during think it, build it, run it.
- Partner with architects to consult and contribute to microservice platform/framework design, system design consulting, capacity planning, and Production readiness.
- Implement and continually improve service reliability through monitoring, alerting, and automation to improve service availability, performance, and overall system health.
- Partner with delivery teams on change management to more effectively manage change to environments, especially Production. Leverage automation to enable progressive rollouts, speed up problem detection as well as automate safe and quick rollback when problems occur.
- Lead sustainable incident response, improve MTTR, and blameless postmortems.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience
- At least 3 years' experience as Site Reliability Engineer
- Ability to decompose complex systems
- A passion for problem solving and strategic thinking and a desire to own and execute
Experience in following technologies
- Understanding in Java microservices
- Advanced understanding in monitoring/telemetry solutions (Splunk, ELK, Nagios ) data ingestion and analysis
- Advanced understanding and application of at least one scripting language (Shell, PHP, Python )
- Advanced understanding in AWS Services and AWS hosted databases ( Postgres RDS, DynomoDB, Oracle )
- Understanding of Application Performance ( Dynatrace, AppDynamics, New Relic )
- Understanding of Pivotal CloudFoundry platform and Atlassian toolsuite
We are unable to provide Visa sponsorship for this role.
Location/Region: Malvern, PA (US)