What is my job:
The job of the Restaurant Lead Server/Bartender is to combine an ability to provide incredible service with knowledge of Food and Beverage to promote and sell items by sharing knowledge about our menu offerings. As a Lead Server/Bartender you will be expected to practice suggestive selling, support the Restaurant operation by demonstrating exceptional people & service skills and training new employees on the standards, menu items and practices in our Restaurants.
How do I make a difference?
Providing Incredible, Knowledge Based Customer Service
What skills, learnings, and experiences are required?
- Experience working in restaurant service or other industry experience
- Knowledge of beer, liquor and wine
- Living Who We Are values by caring about the well-being of every person, having high standards as a way of life, making a difference in the communities we serve, respecting and listening to others and making decisions that benefit our customers and company
- Possess teamwork & diversity awareness by listening to others' points of view and recognizing and appreciating differences
- Recognize and seek opportunities for continuous learning to gain new understandings, skills and knowledge
- Provide incredible customer service, acknowledging customers, listening to their needs, proactively offering assistance and thanking each customer for shopping with us
- Properly handle, prepare, transport and store products; ensuring food & human safety practices are strictly adhered to
- Possess organizational skills, prioritizing requests and department activities while managing interruptions and attending to details to complete tasks within deadlines
- Has knowledge of products used throughout the store and works across departments to provide knowledge based service to assist customers in finding complete meal solutions
- Utilize resources to educate self and others about product uses and characteristics, being sure to share acquired product knowledge
- Learn, use and be able to explain Employer sanctioned cooking techniques to assist customers for their success at home
- Possess culinary knife skills which include safely using knives; sharpening and honing the edges of knives; and using them to chop, dice, julienne and mince
- Able to problem solve, anticipating, analyzing, and identifying problems, responding quickly when situations arise and preventing problems when possible
What skills, learnings, and experiences are preferred and will set me apart?
- Experience as a Bartender and or server in a fast casual restaurant
- Certification of training in liquor, wine, food service and/ or alcohol awareness programs
- Completed a reputable bartending course
- Experience with MICROS or other POS systems
- Work includes continuous walking, standing for prolonged periods of time without a break, repetitive hand and arm movements, bending, reaching, frequent lifting and carrying, and occasional heavy lifting, along with continuous interaction with customers and co-workers in a fast-paced environment. Work includes forceful gripping as well as awkward and forceful postures of the wrist. Work may include frequent stair climbing. Work involves exposure to various work environments, including temperature changes. The average weight range of items lifted is 10-20 pounds with a maximum weight lifted of 40 pounds occasionally. May be exposed to various allergens (things that may cause an allergic reaction).
- Employment at Employer may be contingent upon your completion and our evaluation of a drug screen and/or criminal background check
- All Applicants will be screened; only those closely matching the job posting will be interviewed
Location/Region: North Wales, PA (US)