What is my job:
The job of the Server is to provide incredible service by working to promote and sell items by sharing knowledge about our menu and beverage offerings; Servers practice suggestive selling techniques to assist guests in choosing items for their meal. In addition, Servers assist in supporting restaurant operations as by demonstrating exceptional people skills, food & beverage knowledge and service techniques.
How do I make a difference?
- Providing incredible customer service
- Providing incredible customer service by creating a positive and energetic atmosphere at every table; serving guests in a courteous, attentive and efficient manner when maintaining tables, placing orders and collecting payments
- Providing guests with a reason to return to the restaurant by building rapport and maintaining their tables to ensure they are receiving the best possible service and experience during their visit
- Learning and demonstrating a thorough understanding of the culinary and beverage offerings; being able talk about menu items with guests in a manner that creates interest and enthusiasm while promoting offerings by utilizing suggestive selling techniques
- Continuing to study menu changes and attend beverage classes whenever possible to continue to grow food and beverage knowledge
- Following regulations for checking guest identification to ensure legal drinking age and no alcohol is being served to minors
- Ensuring guests are served alcohol beverages responsibly and monitoring the consumption accordingly while ensuring they are provided with a positive experience and a reason to return
- Providing guests wth a reason to return, by building rapport, delivering the best possible service and experience during our guests visits.
Supporting front of the house operations
- Preparing the dining, bar and event areas for service with exceptional attention to detail; ensuring all areas are clean, organized and well-stocked
What skills, learnings, and experiences are required?
- Provide incredible customer service, greeting guests and answering questions in a friendly manner, proactively offering assistance and providing accurate and timely information, making product/ service recommendations and accommodating special requests
- Possess teamwork & diversity awareness by listening to others' points of view and recognizing and appreciating differences
- Recognize and seek opportunities for continuous learning to gain new understandings, skills and knowledge
- Properly handle, prepare, transport and products; ensuring food & human safety practices are strictly adhered to
- Possess organizational skills, prioritizing requests and activities while managing interruptions and attending to details to complete tasks within deadlines
- Utilize resources to educate self and others about product uses and characteristics, being sure to share acquired product knowledge
- Has knowledge of products used throughout Employer and works across departments to provide knowledge based service to assist guests in finding complete meal solutions
What skills, learnings, and experiences are preferred and will set me apart?
- Customer Service experience working in retail, restaurant service or other hospitality related industry experience
- Certification of training in liquor, wine, food service and/ or alcohol awareness programs
- Able to problem solve, anticipating, analyzing, and identifying problems, responding quickly when situations arise and preventing problems when possible
- Work includes walking, standing for prolonged periods of time without a break, repetitive hand and arm movements, bending, reaching, frequent lifting and carrying, and occasional heavy lifting, along with continuous interaction with guests and co-workers in a fast-paced environment.
- Work involves exposure to various work environments, including temperature changes.
- The average weight range of items lifted is 10-20 pounds with a maximum weight lifted of 50 pounds occasionally. May be exposed to various allergens (things that may cause an allergic reaction).
- Employment at Employer Pub may be contingent upon your completion and our evaluation of a drug screen and/or criminal background check
- All Applicants will be screened; only those closely matching the job posting will be interviewed
Location/Region: North Wales, PA (US)