Data Trace LLC is the nation’s largest provider of automated title plant and tax information services for title companies nationwide. Our leading technology allows quick access to title history information, property tax assessment and payment data, document images, and property files in major metropolitan areas across the United States. Data Trace is a member of the First American Financial Corporation family of companies that was named one of FORTUNE's 100 Best Companies to Work For® in 2016 and 2017. For more information, please visit www.edatatrace.com.
This position will assemble title packages, searches for tax documentation or performs other research related to escrow and title closings for Hudson County NJ. Assignments are varied and complex and require breadth and depth of experience. May act as a subject matter expert; can perform all the work that the unit supports; can search multiple file/product types. Acts as a resource to less experienced team members. Has broad geographic knowledge of state practices and requirements.
- Performs a wide range of title research requiring considerable judgment, independent analysis and detailed knowledge.
- Conducts title research to compile search packages covering a wide range of complexity.
- Creates title files and prepares endorsements and supplemental documents.
- Investigates and interprets tax records in order to determine tax liability.
- Creates title files, documenting all research.
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Internet savvy
- Strong MS skill set
- Strong investigative, research, and problem solving skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of company terminology, search department procedures and tools.
- Able to navigate company operating systems
- High School diploma or equivalent; some college preferred
Typical Range of Experience
- 3+ years related experience in the state of New Jersey
First American invests in its employee’s development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.
Location/Region: Trenton, NJ