The Business Solutions Consultant (Actuarial) acts as a product and market specialist - with technical expertise and experience in the life insurance industry. You will work within the Business Solutions team in the North America segment. The primary objective of the role is to assist clients and prospective clients understand how to best use and deploy FIS' actuarial risk management solution suite. The role will involve working closely with clients, the sales team, the development team and the Professional Services team.
In your consultancy capacity you will engage with Prophet clients in order to understand their overall requirements and advise how the system can best be configured to meet those requirements. In order to operate at this level, you will need to display a thorough understanding of modeling systems, regulations, calculations, and financial reporting standards used in the life insurance industry.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual who can successfully work with all levels in an organization to successfully deliver key messages about the FIS Insurance solution suite via presentation and product demonstration. The role will be based in North America (East Coast preferred) and will be reporting to the head of Insurance Business Solutions in North America. You will be responsible for delivering training and consultancy during the implementation projects of our Prophet solutions, across our Americas client base - extensive travel will be required. Responsibilities
To maintain and improve the coverage of internal test data for the supported models and calculations
- Developing actuarial models. Specification and development of actuarial and financial models for i) solving client business needs; ii) demonstrating Prophet software functionality; and iii) demonstrating actuarial and modelling concepts with Prophet software
- Complex quantitative support. Providing client support on actuarial and modelling questions related to FIS Prophet software
- To liaise with client Business Analysts to apply the Prophet software suite to solve business problems, identifying and documenting system requirements
- To analyse current systems and data to identify new requirements, recognising the need for systems enhancements or modifications if necessary
- Deliver sales presentations and solution demonstrations, and provide coverage at annual actuarial events and client events
- Provide actuarial expertise in the sales process in collaboration with sales team
- Identify and qualify clients' business and functional requirements in order to obtain initial project estimates, identify solution gaps after gathering clients' requirements and communicate back to product management
- Respond to RFI's / RFP / client queries in a timely and professional manner
- To liaise with internal Development staff, support teams within the implementation group, and both internal and client Testing teams.
- Actuarial Qualifications - ASA or near-ASA
- Substantial life insurance experience including market, modeling and reporting
- Very strong mathematical ability, with expert knowledge of calculus and statistical analysis. Experience of mathematical pricing of financial instruments strongly preferred.
- Strong analysis, problem-solving and development skills are essential.
- Experience in client facing activities
- Understanding of the entire sales cycle, from market research through to contract signing
- Good grasp of technology and technical concepts
- Analytical and consultative approach to client engagements
- Equally comfortable working independently or as part of a team
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and multi-task
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding presentation abilities
- Fluent English written and verbal language skills
Candidates should have at least a first or upper second class degree. Higher degrees preferred. Industry experience in finance or insurance as a quantitative analyst is strongly preferred. Experience of code development, and excellent problem solving ability in a mathematical setting, are mandatory. Project management skills are advantageous. Significant travel is required (primarily within US and occasionally internationally).
FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. FIS empowers the financial world with software, services, consulting and outsourcing solutions focused on retail and institutional banking, payments, asset and wealth management, risk and compliance, trade enablement, transaction processing and record-keeping. FIS' more than 53,000 worldwide employees are passionate about moving our clients' business forward. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor's 500® Index.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf and here: www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
For positions located in the US, the conditions below apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check) ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
As part of the selection process this role may require an assessment to determine suitability
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
Location/Region: Philadelphia, PA