Position Responsibilities\Requirements: WHO ARE WE?
FIS connects consumers to their money through leading-edge payments solutions. We're the development engine of FIS: the largest, Fortune 500, Fintech company in the world. Our solution is branded by our customers - banks and retailers - so you might not have heard of us. But, if you've used a mobile banking app, interacted with an ATM, or used a debit card to complete a financial transaction, you're most likely using FIS software. Our product is one that touches the average consumer on a regular basis, and makes the financial world go 'round.
Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company, ranked 392 on the Fortune 500 list and is a member of Standard & Poor's 500® Index. Named a 2016 "World's Most Admired Company" by Fortune Magazine. WHAT IS THE POSITION?
FIS is looking for a Senior Java Architect
to join our Digital One
team in Collegeville, PA.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a solid background in Software Architecture
who likes to contribute new ideas and is willing to put in the work to build their career.General Duties and Responsibilities:
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU?
- Work in both a traditional Waterfall and Agile SDLC
- Define, maintain and extend functional product architecture for FIS' suite of Financial Services Applications.
- Define and maintain a product architecture that offers flexibility to FIS product strategy and product management to configure product and services solutions that meet business requirements of clients.
- Deliver concepts defined in the Open Financial Architecture roadmap in the form of a library of high-level functional component models made up of interoperating application subsystems that can be flexibly combined into various product and service solutions based on marketplace and business needs.
- Define high-level structure of product solution by mapping marketplace and business requirements to application system components.
- Arrange functionality of application components, assign component responsibility, define component interaction and correlate application system components to a product solution as defined by requirements.
- This process includes resolution of those requirements best met by existing or enhanced application components and those that will be addressed by new application subsystem components (to be built, purchased or otherwise leveraged from an external vendor.
- You have a passion for Software Architecture
- You understand how to communicate effectively with clients
- You know how to work in an Agile environment
- You take good notes and you are willing to ask for help when needed - this is important!
- If you enjoy learning from a variety of team members, developing new ways to enhance existing processes, are driven by real-world applications and are looking for a great place to grow your career - we want to hear from you! We are looking for smart, driven and dedicated team members to join our team.
- Minimum 5 years of Enterprise Java Architecture experience
- Experience working directly with an end user to identify architectural needs and provide advice on solutioning these needs
- Ability to work in both an Agile and Waterfall methodology. At least some experience working in an Agile environment is required
- Ability to travel up to 50%. 25% travel may be considered in special circumstances
- Ability to work independently
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM US?
- Experience with cloud-based deployment technology
- Experience utilizing containerization technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes and OpenShift
- Financial industry experience
At FIS we value new ideas and we pride ourselves on providing a wide-range of opportunities for professional growth in a face-paced environment. FIS offers an open minded collaborative culture with enthusiastic technologists. A true partner. We are dedicated to our team members and our customers equally. We strive to create an environment to help you succeed.FIS Benefits and Perks:
- A generous paid time off program in which the benefits increase along with your tenure with the company
- Health coverage offered for you and your family through Health/Vision/Dental/Insurance plans
- Tax advantage flexible spending accounts and health savings accounts that allow you to pay for specific health-care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars
- To help you manage your work and life needs we offer a health advocate program, tuition reimbursement and a group legal service plan
- 401K match and Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Company Paid Volunteer Day
- Casual dress code (jeans every day if desired)
- Work from home options - 100% remote options may be available, although it is preferred you are onsite as much as possible if located in the Collegeville area
- FIS Gives Back Program - supporting our local community
**Current and future sponsorship not available for this position**
FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. FIS empowers the financial world with software, services, consulting and outsourcing solutions focused on retail and institutional banking, payments, asset and wealth management, risk and compliance, trade enablement, transaction processing and record-keeping. FIS' more than 53,000 worldwide employees are passionate about moving our clients' business forward. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor's 500® Index.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the FIS Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf and here: www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
For positions located in the US, the conditions below apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check) ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
As part of the selection process this role may require an assessment to determine suitability
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
Location/Region: Collegeville, PA