Job Description (Contract to perm)
The Senior Voice Network Engineer will consult with leadership to develop/maintain business critical communications and/or network based voice product systems, including planning, designing, and implementing scalable local and wide-area network solutions between multiple platforms and protocols(including IP and VOIP). Responsible for system performance; Installation, configuration, and troubleshooting our local and wide area voice/computer networks and associated assemblies by performing the following duties. Additionally, the Senior Voice Network Engineer will bring greater technical depth and breadth and may also be called on to lead mentor more junior team members.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Configures, installs, and maintains local and wide area network hardware, software, and telecommunications services such as network operating systems, network software applications, firewalls, network servers, routers, switches, cabling, VoIP hardware/software, and Internet service providers. Monitors and maintains network stability. Emphasis on enhancing and maintaining network security and maintaining networking equipment inventory and circuit inventory.
- Lead technical direction discussion(s) and planning within team and outside team. Represent technical areas on project teams. Perceived and demonstrated Subject Matter Expert for specific areas/technologies. Provides upgrade recommendations and supporting rationale.
- Contribute to the development of DR/BCP related materials. Participate in DR/BCP related tests and events. Participate in audit and related regulatory compliance analysis and remediation efforts. Provide off-hours production and, at times, development system support. Execute recovery and BCP requirements resulting from DR/BCP declarations.
- Development of system appropriate documentation.
- 8-10 years of CUCM, UCCX, SIP, LAN, WAN, and Wireless network experience in Cisco environment.
- Strong experience with Cisco IM&P and Cisco Expressway
- Experience with integrating multiple separate voice systems due to mergers
- Experience with 1000+ user phone systems spread across 10+ offices
- Experience migrating between carriers and to a SIP platform
- Experience with multiple SBC platforms
- Experience with voice reporting platforms
- Experience with Unimax
- Experience phasing out legacy technologies
- Experience with call recording platforms
Skills and Abilities:
- Call paths, etc
- Ability to review release notes, plan, install and test Multi-vendor software upgrades.
- Ability to build a SIP gateway from scratch.
- Strong background in designing and implementing multi-site voice platforms.
- Knowledge of routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP) a plus.
- Strong MS Visio and MS Word skills for network documentation
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- The desire, commitment and ability to be a team player
- Professional behavior and presentation
- Ability to effectively mentor technical staff
- Ability to troubleshoot complex voice and data network issues, including QoS configurations for converged technologies
- Ability to work with changing work priorities and deadlines
Prior Work Experience:
- 8 - 10 years of related work experience.
Education and Credentials:
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field and/or 3 plus years of work experience in the computer networking field.
- CCNA Collaboration (or voice) certification required, CCNP Collaboration certification desired. CCNA Route/Switch a plus.
Eastern Computer Exchange, Inc. (“Eastern”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discharge, compensation, or any other term or condition of employment on the basis of race, religion, color, age, gender, national origin, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, if the employee can perform the essential functions of the job with a reasonable accommodation if necessary, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Eastern Computer Exchange, Inc. (Eastern) is a 28-year technology integration company traditionally focused on medium to large-sized customers and helping them solve complex server, storage, networking, application and desktop concerns via our highly-trained professional staff of engineers. We offer the most current assessment tools to help build architectures that solve business and technical challenges, as well as produce ROI data.