JOB SUMMARY: Performs service duties and supervises and coordinates activities of workers to insure that all upkeep, inventory and repair of grounds and buildings of the property is completed in an efficient manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following but are not limited to the job specifications contained herein. Additional duties or job functions that can be performed safely may be required as deemed necessary by supervisory personnel.
• Responsible for interviewing, screening and recommendations for any potential service, custodial or grounds personnel.
• Responsible for the subsequent training of all service, housekeeping/custodial or grounds personnel.
• Responsible for the research and evaluation of all current and potential products used in the maintenance and upkeep of the property.
• Responsible for handling all lock outs as a result of evictions.
• Specifically responsible for maintaining a replacement log that tracks the replacement of carpet, vinyl, appliances, condensing units, etc…
• Responsible to maintain all autos, golf carts, tractors, and all other machinery owned by property.
• Specifically responsible for the scheduling of product review appointments in such a manner as to avoid “drop-in” sales calls.
• Responsible to incorporate the “best practices” theory when selecting vendors and products.
• Responsible for the scheduling and direct supervision of all in-house and/or vendor work.
• Responsible for the inventory, ordering and delivery of all necessary supplies and equipment for the service, custodial and grounds departments under the direction and with the approval of the Community Manager.
• Assisting in the disciplinary or promotional recommendations required for all service, custodial and grounds personnel.
• Responsible for insuring OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Act) standards and company safety policies are complied with at all times.
• Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
• Responsible for a 24 hour response to service requests.
• Responsible for scheduling and performing preventative maintenance.
• Responsible to be available to work on an on-call basis.
• Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists workers in solving work problems.
• Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
• Responsible for the supply and upkeep of all personal tools required by Relative Properties and its affiliated companies for Service Technician.
• Responsible for reporting unusual or extraordinary circumstances regarding the property or residents.
• Responsible for maintaining the required property uniform and insuring a professional appearance and attitude for all service, custodial and grounds personnel at all times.
• Responsible for courteous, efficient response at all times.
• Responsible for thorough knowledge of management company policies and property community policies.
• Responsible for seeking educational opportunities and self-improvement for personal growth and development.
• And anything else that the CM feels falls into the Services Manager’s job description
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Directly supervises one or more employees in the service department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Company policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with customers one-on-one or groups of employees of organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) certification is strongly suggested for this position. Certified Apartment Maintenance Technician (CAMT) is recommended as well.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and climb or balance. The employee is frequently required to sit; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and on rare occasions, move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.